PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Foster done for the year

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Foster done for the year

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm

@BillyEmbody
6m6 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: #SMU forward Jarrey Foster is out for the season with a knee injury, sources told @SMU247. Huge loss for Mustangs, who have won two straight.
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Foster done for the year

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 pm

smupony94

Postby SMU1523 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Man, this hurts.
SMU1523
Heisman

Postby skyscraper » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:14 pm

If we somehow make the NCAA tournament, it would be the most impressive thing to happen in the New Moody era.
Massive loss doesn't even begin to describe Jarrey being done for the season.
skyscraper

Postby Sewanee Stang » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:19 pm

That hurts. He is my favorite player on the team. It will be an opportunity for others to step up.
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Prayers for a full recovery for Jarrey.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Wonder if the committee will give us the benefit of the doubt that one of our stars is out like they do with the blue bloods. Actually I just answered my own question...no.

Anyone remember last year when they blatantly said they were giving Duke a pass when Coach K was out for a few games. None of those losses mattered.
Pony ^

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Hope the he fully recovers. Jerrey should be very cautious with it because how this injury goes likely will determine if he can play basketball professionally or not, as so much of his draft stock is based on his athleticism. If he needs surgery (the report indicated it was only a partial tear) he might need to redshirt all of next year so he can be absolutely fully healed before subjecting it to another basketball season. Huge blow or him personally and for the team.

We will need Douglas and Ray to give us some more minutes going forward.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyLawExpress » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Pony ^ wrote:Wonder if the committee will give us the benefit of the doubt that one of our stars is out like they do with the blue bloods. Actually I just answered my own question...no.

Anyone remember last year when they blatantly said they were giving Duke a pass when Coach K was out for a few games. None of those losses mattered.

They usually only do this when the player or coach missed games earlier in the year and is back come tourney time, so to answer your question no.. we won't get a break.

Thoughts and Prayer with Jarrey. He was playing so well this season. Hope he has a full and speedy recovery.
We are going to need Agau to play like he did last game going forward. Probably going to see us playing alot of zone going forward too.

Pony_Law wrote:Hope the he fully recovers. Jerrey should be very cautious with it because how this injury goes likely will determine if he can play basketball professionally or not, as so much of his draft stock is based on his athleticism. If he needs surgery (the report indicated it was only a partial tear) he might need to redshirt all of next year so he can be absolutely fully healed before subjecting it to another basketball season. Huge blow or him personally and for the team.

We will need Douglas and Ray to give us some more minutes going forward.

I am pretty sure most athletes usually do the ACL surgery even when partial tear. ACL surgery time frame is usually 6-9 months from when the surgery occurs. I doubt he would need a full red-shirt season. He is a real hard worker and has rehabbed this injury before so I think he will be good for next year. The real shame for him, besides the injury, is he will be unable to put all the off-season work in. It is rare an athlete needs to miss the entire next season (unless its one of those catastrophic tears like Jaylen Smith).
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Same leg or the other?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Black Horseshoe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:40 pm

Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby PonyFan32 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Well that sucks
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Oh jeez.... Ray too?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mustangxc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Wow! Devastating news! Time for Shake to step up every game like he did against Wichita State. If he does that on a regular basis he would probably make himself a lottery pick.
mustangxc

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Really need everyone else to stay healthy. This team has a serious challenge ahead. Time for the Frosh to grow up and for all to contribute significant minutes. We should see a lot of zone D from here on out
Charleston Pony

Next

Return to Basketball