PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Larry Brown at 1/31 SMU practice

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Larry Brown at 1/31 SMU practice

Postby skyscraper » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:58 pm

@AdamGrosbard: The myth the man the legend Larry Brown is at SMU practice today
https://twitter.com/AdamGrosbard/status/958760393182187520
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Larry Brown at 1/31 SMU practice

Postby Pony_Law » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:19 pm

It'd would be nice if he could teach the kids some pointers on man to man for next year, and how to run the offense through the post.

That said I'm sure he is just observing/visiting and not teaching. Hate the sanctions, love LB.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:30 pm

Hire him back
One Trick Pony

Postby mustangxc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:53 pm

I would love to hire him as a consultant so he can help coach the team in practice if that is even allowable within the NCAA rules. The team played best when Larry was the coach, but Jankovich was the one doing the in-game coaching because the players knew their limits thanks to Larry but were not afraid to be pulled from the game thanks to Jankovich's longer leash.
mustangxc

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm

Yeah he has a little luggage that follows him around Larry does but that's part of the package. It's called the big boys League.

Of course if someone hadn't been pissed off in the athletic office no one would have ever self-reported it anyways.
One Trick Pony

Postby huskerpower » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:06 pm

Pony_Law wrote:It'd would be nice if he could teach the kids some pointers on man to man for next year, and how to run the offense through the post.

That said I'm sure he is just observing/visiting and not teaching. Hate the sanctions, love LB.

That would be a NOVEL idea. I've never heard of getting a post player involved in offensive sets.
huskerpower

Postby PonyTime » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:09 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:Yeah he has a little luggage that follows him around Larry does but that's part of the package. It's called the big boys League.

Of course if someone hadn't been pissed off in the athletic office no one would have ever self-reported it anyways.

I must have missed something...That whole thing started by a p.o.ed employee of our own Athletic Department?

I had thought it all surfaced because of the investigation into Kimball HS.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JoeKidd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Nope, self-reported by ourselves....for what was really a non-infraction....course didnt' count. That's the fortitude of our administration, gutless.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Bishrag » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm

PonyTime wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:Yeah he has a little luggage that follows him around Larry does but that's part of the package. It's called the big boys League.

I must have missed something...That whole thing started by a p.o.ed employee of our own Athletic Department?

I had thought it all surfaced because of the investigation into Kimball HS.

That was the reporter trying to take credit for it (he's a Jack hole btw). My understanding is itt started when our golf team was investigated and the NCAA expanded scope to other sports including basketball. We self reported and got screwed. I remember when it came out that the class that was taken for Fraizer wasn't even needed. I was in disbelief.

The only thing anyone learned from this and other schools dealing with the NCAA, is fight until the NCAA gives up. The whole NCAA "before / after new rules were made, therefore SMUs punishment is way worse than everyone elses" was one of the biggest jokes in sports.
Bishrag
Recruit

Postby mtrout » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Larry would be welcome in any role possible.

Hopefully him being at practice is not a self-reportable violation.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball