PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Will Douglas

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Will Douglas

Postby ojaipony » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:28 am

I'm from Memphis and so I always want to see Memphis kids do well at anything/everything at SMU, but I honestly think Douglas is extremely overrated and could be a transfer guy in the offseason. We need another big guard who can defend and shoot in this or next class. Very disappointed in Akoy and Chargois in the Tulsa game. It was their time to step up (and Douglas and Landrum being an Okie kid). They didn't. We lost. Season looking pretty bleak right now. Pony up!
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:18 am

ojaipony wrote:I'm from Memphis and so I always want to see Memphis kids do well at anything/everything at SMU, but I honestly think Douglas is extremely overrated and could be a transfer guy in the offseason. We need another big guard who can defend and shoot in this or next class. Very disappointed in Akoy and Chargois in the Tulsa game. It was their time to step up (and Douglas and Landrum being an Okie kid). They didn't. We lost. Season looking pretty bleak right now. Pony up!

So you say we need a big guard, but you want to run of an athletic 6'5 kid that has great form?
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Junior » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:46 am

I like that he was active. Looked his best all year. Just hoping his shot comes around next year.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby mustangxc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:49 am

The jump from freshman to sophomore year is unexplainable but it definitely happens. I know from personal experience because it happened to me. Some people click sooner and others later. Don't write him off just yet.
mustangxc

Postby RI Stang » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:58 am

Can't teach the way he attacked the glass last night. Also thought he moved the ball well. His shot will come, very surprised at all of the negative comments here, I think he's a big piece of the future.

We needed our scorers to step up last night with Shake out. Two of them did, while one had to be benched for a walk-on. If you want to question the fight in a player, start there. Very disappointing but hopefully will end up being a great lesson - had to be very embarrassing, especially first time as a college player back home. I think he'll bounce back.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:19 pm

he will be a baller for us
Pony ^

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm

RI Stang wrote:Can't teach the way he attacked the glass last night. Also thought he moved the ball well. His shot will come, very surprised at all of the negative comments here, I think he's a big piece of the future.

A few dissenting opinions on William Douglas on here.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Junior » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 pm

I thought Pyle did well last night.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Stallion » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Pyle played in First Half because Landrum and Douglas each had 2 fouls. Nobody got benched to play Pyle. Any "moran" could have predicted it :shock:

Re: Tulsa game thread
by Stallion » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 pm
2 fouls on Landrum-just can't afford that silly foul

Re: Tulsa game thread
by Stallion » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 pm
2 fouls on Douglas-Pyle or Wilfong?
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby RI Stang » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Pyle and Ethan were not on the floor together, he played with Gu, Whitt, McMurray and Akoy. Landrum then came in for him for the last possession of the first half. Landrum and Douglas both had two fouls, correct. But Pyle was chosen to play at that point and not Ethan.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby PonyLawExpress » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Where my Will Douglas haters at?

Showing a little of what he can do when he gets some confidence. 11-3-2 in first half.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:57 pm

let's just hope this is his break out game and he turns the corner confidence wise. We could really use him as a guy who can do some of what Jarrey was giving us if this team is going to have any chance of making a run this year
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 pm

It's great to finally have some admissible evidence on William Douglas!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mustangxc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:34 pm

He really stepped up big time tonight! Really all the freshman did.
mustangxc

Postby PonyLawExpress » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:46 pm

mustangxc wrote:He really stepped up big time tonight! Really all the freshman did.

Outside of Chargois. 3Points and 3TO's. I can't remember a freshman hitting a harder wall. Outside of ECU, he is averaging sub 5PPG over his the last 7 games. Woof.

Douglas finally showed that offensive spark tonight. Maybe he can carry this into the next few games. Landrum has looked better of late too.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball