PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Jones Video: 1973 TCU v SMU at Moody

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU Jones Video: 1973 TCU v SMU at Moody

Postby Stallion » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Ira Terrell, Sammy Hervey, Reuben Triplett, Rick Billick, Zach Theil or is that the "kid" from Illinois with weird name-Tusinski?

Note: all those filled seats surrounding the Court are students

SMU won 96-60

https://twitter.com/SMUJonesFilm/status ... 6910417920
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU Jones Video: 1973 TCU v SMU at Moody

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am

That was my JR year at SMU and pretty safe bet I was somewhere in that student section. I remember that for big games (not sure TCU was one that year), you had to arrive early to get a seat courtside. Took a date to the Tech game that year who made us late and we had to sit at the top of Moody behind one of the baskets. Those were often the only seats available when they would pack 10,000 into Moody. Plenty of enthusiasm for a team that probably couldn't compete with the product we've seen on the floor in recent years
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU Jones Video: 1973 TCU v SMU at Moody

Postby PonyTime » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 am

Stallion wrote:Ira Terrell, Sammy Hervey, Reuben Triplett, Rick Billick, Zach Theil or is that the "kid" from Illinois with weird name-Tusinski?

Note: all those filled seats surrounding the Court are students

SMU won 96-60

https://twitter.com/SMUJonesFilm/status ... 6910417920

They even let students sit on the floor right next to the court (where W now sits). I am guessing that the list of other options that students could do that evening was much more limited than today. I also suspect that the only people who saw this game were the ones in the stands that day.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball