PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank should be fired but won't

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jank should be fired but won't

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:31 pm

skyscraper wrote:It's clear we had a once in a lifetime opportunity with three (about to be 4) NBA players on our roster last year and we bombed out in the first round.
Now we're stuck in a death spiral where Jank is going to be bailed out by our injuries. But anyone who's paid attention knows how average Jank is as a coach. That Tulane loss was inexcusable and we were at full strength.
The question is how long are we going to stick with an average coach.
HoopmanX was right.

And this post was made almost 1 year ago.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 pm

mtrout wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if an SMU student asked you where Moody was. I heard an SMU student at a football game say he hadn't heard of Cincinnati before.

All too typical of SMU and just one more reason we struggle to compete at a Top 25 level...not enough people care!
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:55 pm

mtrout wrote:I heard an SMU student at a football game say he hadn't heard of Cincinnati before.

Hopefully the school and not the city!

I do agree one of the major issues facing SMU is the higher the test scores the less interest in sports. Totally incompatible.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:14 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:I’m going to take Skyscraper side here but it’s not because of either game against Cincy. Jank poorly coached the Tulane game (and Chargois is extremely fragile btw), Temple, Tulsa and Houston and UCONN games. That’s where my frustration is with him. If I recollect, every game listed above we blew leads. I’m with Pony Law though, Jank needs to be graded on next season. He also needs to put in protocols to keep these players injured or sick before games. I just don’t get how it’s constantly happening especially warm ups and practice.

Grade for the season: F for fired. Get him outta here!
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball