PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Injury watch

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Injury watch

Postby mtrout » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 am

I don't think we'll win more than 2 more games in the regular season. We're not even going to get a first round bye in the AAC tournament.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTime » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 am

At large bid:

We need to get to 20 wins to even be in the conversation.

5 Must wins to get to 20: MEMPHIS, @UCF, Houston, @USF, 1st rd AAC Tourney

Picking off Wichita at home or picking up 2nd round win in AAC tourney vs WSU or Cin should get us in the dance if we win the Must wins (21-11 final record with 5 top RPI wins and 1 bad loss)

The MEMPHIS game is huge as it could buy us enough time to get Shake back on the court for perhaps UCF on Feb 17th. Get to the game and be LOUD regardless of who we put on the court.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 am

I do not expect Shake back
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ender3 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 am

We can't hold a practice for lack of players.

We just lost by 25 at home.

We're tied for 7th in the conference.

And you guys are really talking about an NCAA tournament bid? Really?
Stallion doesn't think I'm a stinkin' genius anymore.
ender3
All-American

Postby SMU Section F » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:39 am

ender3 wrote:We can't hold a practice for lack of players.

Isn't that the perfect time to talk about how unlikely it is that we get a bid? Because I'm pretty sure that's what's being discussed.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am

We lost to that same team at full strength by 20 a month ago. What did you expect. I am surprised that we only lost by 25 at home.

I am talking about beating an average Memphis team on Wednesday. And then hoping we can get at least one of our key players back by the weekend.

The 7 man team had a chance at Tulsa and at Houston. You really want to throw in the towel on a home game vs. an average Memphis team?

Will be interesting to see what Vegas sets the line at on this game. Or perhaps there is no line on this one.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

PonyTime wrote:

We lost to that same team at full strength by 20 a month ago. What did you expect. I am surprised that we only lost by 25 at home.

I am talking about beating an average Memphis team on Wednesday. And then hoping we can get at least one of our key players back by the weekend.

The 7 man team had a chance at Tulsa and at Houston. You really want to throw in the towel on a home game vs. an average Memphis team?

Will be interesting to see what Vegas sets the line at on this game. Or perhaps there is no line on this one.

Agreed. We can beat Memphis on Wednesday if Chargois and/or Gu plays. It is a home game against a team who at full strength has the same conference record as us :lol: It should be another close game so it should be a good one to watch. Everyone should be there to support this team whether we have a tourney chance or not. We have to help protect our home court if we want Moody to be the scary place it has been.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm

PonyTime wrote:

Your reference to the 7 man team presumably includes both Ethan and Gu and I'm not sure we will have either tomorrow night. If they do play, they aren't going to be 100%. Tubby has 9 guys who have played 24 games or more this season. I'd be surprised if he doesn't follow Cronin's plan to pressure all over the court and wear our "7 guys" down, because 2 of them might be walk-ons. I will be thrilled if our guys can beat Memphis...even in a hostile Moody.
Charleston Pony

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
PonyTime wrote:
ender3 wrote:...even in a hostile Moody.

I doubt it will be very hostile unfortunately
Pony ^

Postby JasonB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:39 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:
PonyTime wrote:

Agreed. We can beat Memphis on Wednesday if Chargois and/or Gu plays. It is a home game against a team who at full strength has the same conference record as us :lol: It should be another close game so it should be a good one to watch. Everyone should be there to support this team whether we have a tourney chance or not. We have to help protect our home court if we want Moody to be the scary place it has been.

I don't think there is an appreciation of how Memphis has improved as the season has gone on.

We need Gu AND Chargois, not an or, to have a chance in this game. Probably even need Shake as well.
JasonB

Previous

Return to Basketball