PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

McMurray Takes Step Forward

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

McMurray Takes Step Forward

Postby Stallion » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 pm

I'm not talking about the points-I'm talking about his shot/play discipline especially in first 30 minutes. He took open shots in the flow of the offense mostly near the 3 point line and had no turnovers. He worked hard without the ball to get his shots. Now in the final 10 minutes he tried to manufacture some shots when it was obvious nobody else had much confidence--I'm glad he did in that situation. If he can just play within himself like he did tonite he can raise the level of his play to another level. Tonite he was his best team play
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: McMurray Takes Step Forward

Postby SMU Section F » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Definitely a bright spot during a few otherwise painful games. Tonight was a whole different level.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby skyscraper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:00 am

He was the only thing we had going tonight. We would've been effed without him. He remains the only player unafraid to shoot.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 am

skyscraper wrote:He was the only thing we had going tonight. We would've been effed without him. He remains the only player unafraid to shoot.

He is really the only player who can shoot out there right now. Gu is missing a hand. Chargois is in a slump and Douglas won’t shoot.

McMurray was exceptional tonight. Makes me feel better about him being our go to Guard next season to go with Jarrey, Mike and Chargois.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Return to Basketball