PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BBALL recruiting decline

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: BBALL recruiting decline

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Ah, yes, broken bone in Ray's foot. Hopefully Shake's hand heals soon for a more competitive finish.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby mustangxc » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:11 am

mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 am

PonyLawExpress wrote:
The Falcon wrote:Mr. Tyrone Maxey is listed as "Director of Recruiting"

Who do you think he is recruiting?

Lol. Every time I think Maxey is going to go to UK, which I think he is at this time, I try to remind myself that his dad was hired mainly to recruit him here. Maxey could play close to home, for his dad, with some friends, and be the star. Have to think his dad can get him to SMU.

If his goal is to get to the NBA - he could do that at either Kentucky or SMU. Always a danger at Kentucky that he would not get the playing time he would get at SMU.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:45 pm

The way things are going SMU admin tells Papa Maxey he must recuse himself from recruiting his son so as not to p!!s off the NCAA.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:22 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:The way things are going SMU admin tells Papa Maxey he must recuse himself from recruiting his son so as not to p!!s off the NCAA.

That’s the ticket! don’t forget the internal investigation with us turning over all phone texts and emails. After all, we must play by the rules!!!
SoCal_Pony

Postby PonyLaw90 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Would MAxey be our highest rated recruit ever?

I'm sure Pops can talk to him at home without text/letters/phone calls. But imagine that's your son. You would say, "go take the visits to UCLA, Kentucky and Duke and see what they offer." No harm no foul there. But ultimately, you come to SMU and its probably your team and you have a chance to become a once in a lifetime player, ala Eric Dickerson, that the school and alums never forget. At Kentucky/Duke, you were the third best player on a talented team that may or may not reach the Elite 8.

Plus momma is here, so is grandma, and they can watch all of your games! And wash your clothes!
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:02 pm

I'm sure Kentucky is laughing at the fact we are paying probably $200K to his dad when that is a bargain for them to snag a recruit. Kentucky will double it.

And Kentucky ain't the only one. He was at the Texas/OU game a few weeks ago in Austin. Shaka may not be a good coach, but he's proven to us that he can get the best guys.
Pony ^

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Hey, if I’m the kid I’m taking every trip offered no matter whether I’m decided or not.
Hopefully we get him but let’s not stress his every tweet, trip and utterance.
And yeah, at this point we’ll need him to select a few bigs he can feed.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:39 pm

Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Stallion » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:56 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:The way things are going SMU admin tells Papa Maxey he must recuse himself from recruiting his son so as not to p!!s off the NCAA.

That’s the ticket! don’t forget the internal investigation with us turning over all phone texts and emails. After all, we must play by the rules!!!

You are required to whenever there is an NCAA investigation. Why do you think the NCAA requires every phone call and contact to be documented. Every telephone call and every text has to be logged in a verified compliance report. When an investigation begins the NCAA sends a request for production of those records just like in litigation. Don't be a Mexmustang who uses half truths and lack of understanding of the rules to create a false premise
Last edited by Stallion on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 pm

:roll: here we go ...... :lol:

#mexmustangsmatter
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby JasonB » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:40 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:Baby Shaq attack??

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -fbi-probe

Probably the safest recruit in the country to go after - no issues with money there. Kentucky and all of the big guys are going to get pulled into this thing, so a lot of players will pull back commitments. The big question is how many of those recruits are tarnished.

I expect to see changes in NBA bylaws to allow the drafting of high school players and signing them to 2 way d-league contracts before we even get to the draft in order to eliminate the issue of figuring out which players are still eligible and which aren't.
JasonB

Previous

Return to Basketball