PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Final standings

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Final standings

Postby Terry Webster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 pm

Blog up here mentioned that if both Houston and WSU win out Cinci would end up in third place which would be strange. Is Shake comes back in time we could cause some problems. Hope so.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Final standings

Postby PonyLawExpress » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Terry Webster wrote:Blog up here mentioned that if both Houston and WSU win out Cinci would end up in third place which would be strange. Is Shake comes back in time we could cause some problems. Hope so.

Especially for UH. We had a chance without Shake on the road. Since then UH has looked like a much better team.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby solomouse » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 pm

So, what happens if smu wins their last two games....Wichita state and Houston....I know, not probable,but curious.
solomouse
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:00 pm

We will be known as the “if only” team.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm

solomouse wrote:So, what happens if smu wins their last two games....Wichita state and Houston....I know, not probable,but curious.

Don't think they will beat Wichita - but we can always hope.

If SMU wins their last two games of the year, they will be celebrating either an NCAA title or an NIT championship.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:45 pm

IF Shake came back and we beat Wichita and Houston and we get to the semi finals I think the committee would discount our losses and we would have so many tier one victories we would be in.

That said, even if Shake comes back, this team is an injury mess right now and hasn't really practiced in forever. I don't think we make a run even if he comes back.

Conspiracy theory angle: knowing that the rest of the team is hurt, we have been holding Shake out because the losses would be discounted. We aren't going to clear him to play until the team is healthy so that we actually get the discount. Whereas if Shake plays we don't get a discount if the rest of the team is hurt. Where is Alex Jones when you need him?
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball