PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FBI drops another shoe

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: FBI drops another shoe

Postby smusportspage » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 am

Cheesesteak wrote:
EastStang wrote:Duke, UNC, Louisville, Texas, Maryland, Ohio State, and others had players taking payoffs from shoe and sports agents. NCAA shocked. Bimijie State should be very nervous.

FBI: Duke, Maryland, Ohio State are guilty.

NCAA: Appalachian State, Towson State and Kent State to be flattened.

Yep. Tark the Shark was right. “The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky that it put Cleveland State on two more years' probation.”Feb 11, 2015 I can see him smiling right now.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:17 am

EF0907A4-03FC-4BBF-97F2-FB37D557EC58.jpeg
EF0907A4-03FC-4BBF-97F2-FB37D557EC58.jpeg (45.64 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
One Trick Pony wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:The real question for me:

How do we turn this thing into a recruiting
ADVANTAGE?

Offer gold tequila and trips to Paradisio Mexico of course

FIFY
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:21 am

What are you down there for a month lol
Looks like a quality Anejo perhaps Reposado
One Trick Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 am

One Trick Pony wrote:What are you down there for a month lol

Home now. That was minutes before the earthquake at the rooftop bar at the Condesa df.
When things started shaking the bartenders all bailed so I helped myself to another. Reserva de Familia Extra Anejo. Figured if I was going down it would be with top shelf.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Dukie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:43 am

The Duke and UNC mentions appear to be $106 and $100 for meals paid for by agents to parents (in Duke’s case, Wendell Carter’s mother). Unless there is something more that is definitely a violation but one for which the NCAA typically requires a penalty of donating the same amount to charity.

Some of the items mentioned are definitely more serious, though; an NC State player appears to have received $43,000.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:10 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:Roy Williams says:

“dadgum fake news”

Roy Williams is the only coach I can recall that openly fought against the corruption in NCAA basketball and would not play the game with the AAU, handlers and corrupt parents. Ultimately, he had trouble competing with clean kids and finally capitulated and stepped aside.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:What are you down there for a month lol

Home now. That was minutes before the earthquake at the rooftop bar at the Condesa df.
When things started shaking the bartenders all bailed so I helped myself to another. Reserva de Familia Extra Anejo. Figured if I was going down it would be with top shelf.

I believe that's the exception to the rule
One Trick Pony

Postby Pony_Law » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:18 pm

NCAA 3 years from now: “this was such a widespread problem we aren’t going to punish anyone”
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Pony_Law wrote:NCAA 3 years from now: “this was such a widespread problem we aren’t going to punish anyone except SMU for not being a part of it. 9 more scholarships taken away”

FIFY
Pony ^

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Pony_Law wrote:NCAA 3 years from now: “this was such a widespread problem we aren’t going to punish anyone”

Actually this is included in some of the rumors I am hearing.

They might just say they are going to tear up the rule book and rewrite the rules to allow some of the antiquated stuff and start anew.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony81 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:05 pm

As we all know the NCAA BB tournament is the big money maker for the NCAA organization. Its a business franchise they have bent over backwards to protect.... so,
The NCAA will say that in this case the players named to have taken benefits will remain eligible pending further investigation which will conclude sometime after the tournament is over,.... the players will be suspended or more likely just turn pro like they planned all along....

There will be so many big time coaches rolled up that the NCAA will do some kind of mass 6 -10 game suspension during OOC play next year.... with pay of course..... problem solved.

And the world will finally have its evidence that the NCAA's main interest is protecting its revenue stream not being an independent arbiter of amateur college athletics.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Schools' defense will be that this "was between the players, their families and agents" and school and coaches were completely unaware...unless of course there is a paper trail to specific coaches. I understand Izzo at MSU is implicated...as if that school needs any more negative publicity!
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Here it is being thought that immediate suspensions will be doled out on those named, at which time there will be filings for relief (see Ezekiel) and by the time all suspensions and appeals are exhausted the players involved will be in the NBA and the NCAA will start its rule book rewrite to handle all of this going forward.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Junior » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Dukie wrote:The Duke and UNC mentions appear to be $106 and $100 for meals paid for by agents to parents (in Duke’s case, Wendell Carter’s mother). Unless there is something more that is definitely a violation but one for which the NCAA typically requires a penalty of donating the same amount to charity.

Some of the items mentioned are definitely more serious, though; an NC State player appears to have received $43,000.

Sounds like more of an offense than cheeseburgers and Cheer.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby originaloverthehilltop1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:08 pm

Here it is being thought that immediate suspensions will be doled out on those named, at which time there will be filings for relief (see Ezekiel) and by the time all suspensions and appeals are exhausted the players involved will be in the NBA and the NCAA will start its rule book rewrite to handle all of this going forward.

yeah but the ncaa is really gonna be embarrassed when they discover they may have to award smu a national championship for about 2014.
originaloverthehilltop1
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball