PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Peruna's Law

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Peruna's Law

Postby Pony81 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:55 am

Doesn't the SMU athletic department know not to mess with Peruna's Law.....

They think they can get away with a reseat because of the "high demand" for a "premium product" (the comparison to KU, Villanova et, al. still makes me laugh) and then a rash of injuries on an already thin team destroy the season....

So, let's enter the reseat into the list of casualties caused by that unforgiving, always present force of the universe - Peruna's Law.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Re: Peruna's Law

Postby Glenn Sosbee » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:28 pm

The sad reality of Peruna's Law that permeates throughout the SMU athletic department was born in 1980 at a little event called the Holiday Bowl. It has been one step forward and two steps back for SMU sports ever since that fateful evening in San Diego. There have been very few things to get excited about for fans of Mustang football and basketball for the last 38 years. Sure there have been moments, but you knew they were fleeting because of the curse of Peruna's Law. Pony fans are a bunch of hearty souls who have endured so much and deserve so much better. I'm afraid sustained success may never happen here. I guess we are what we are, sadly.
Pony P-1
Glenn Sosbee
All-American

Postby SMU Section F » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Pony81 wrote:So, let's enter the reseat into the list of casualties caused by that unforgiving, always present force of the universe - Peruna's Law.

As opposed as I am to the re-seat - in it's current form - I think this may be a bit premature. The re-seat may end up being great - or just a non-issue.

I'm not even sure what I'm hoping for here. I normally love to be right, but if I'm right this time it'll kind of suck. I love SMU Basketball and I want to see it succeed, but I profoundly disagree w/ what I perceive as terribly misguided (at best) or highly deceitful (at worst) practices from the Mustang Club/Athletic Department. My personal compromise is: show up for as many games as I can, give as little money to SMU and the Mustang Club as possible, and otherwise support our players in any way that I can.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Shetland » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Reseat is a non issue. I like my seats. Bit reality is with the exception of 3 games this year I've sat pretty much whoever I wanted. I only missed 3 home games.
Shetland
Scout Team

Return to Basketball