PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Remember when....

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Remember when....

Postby MV pony » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:46 pm

RI Stang wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:
ObeyMyDog wrote:Spare me with that response. He's right. MOB is trash.

The sooner you guys realize it will never again be like 2013/2014, the happier* you will be.

*Although I'm not sure happiness exists on pony fans

It doesn't, just look at the threads and activity right now - 24 page thread on the reseat, lots of Peruna's Law/feeling sorry for ourselves threads, the crowd sucks, the Mob sucks, etc.

Seems so many thrive on being miserable and complaining. Sad.

Well, I would love to talk about our ranked football and basketball teams but . . . .
MV pony
All-American

Postby Zman89 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:03 pm

It has been a rough season. Keeping the faith.
Zman89
Varsity

Postby dr. rick » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:20 pm

i think that y'all are not giving LB enough credit for building moody madness. As you may recall, he would bring coffee and doughnuts to the students waiting in line for tickets. classy guy (even with the penalties). the little things matter. i had the honor to meet with him for about 30 minutes, and he apologized for missing on mooday (sp?). he truly loved the 'kids' and and staff.
dr. rick
Junior Varsity

Postby MV pony » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 pm

dr. rick wrote:i think that y'all are not giving LB enough credit for building moody madness. As you may recall, he would bring coffee and doughnuts to the students waiting in line for tickets. classy guy (even with the penalties). the little things matter. i had the honor to meet with him for about 30 minutes, and he apologized for missing on mooday (sp?). he truly loved the 'kids' and and staff.

100% agree. SMU made a major mistake when it let LB leave the building. He was the draw.
MV pony
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:58 pm

Zman89 wrote:It has been a rough season. Keeping the faith.

This will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZcq19tZeM
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Arkpony » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 pm

Brings tears to my eyes. What a night!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Mexmustang » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:18 am

Never underestimate the power of little men with big egos...
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby edwa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:47 am

Jank brough coffee and doughnuts to students last year. It changed with the new marketing director this year now that the mob doesnt sleep in tents for tickets
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:41 am

We are our own worst enemy/opponent.
Bergermeister

Postby PonyKai » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:55 am

Mexmustang wrote:Never underestimate the power of little men with big egos...

Just curious, which little men would these be? The one's that got Moody renovated? How about Crum? The ones who called Larry back when the then-AD was too incompetent to do so? Maybe the ones who hired Larry. And who authorized paying a HCIW 750K. Maybe the ones who greenlit hiring Snacks and Maligi and let Larry fly 5 inches from the sun in recruiting. The same little men who bankrolled home games in the CIT in a desperate attempt to generate some positive program momentum for RoboDoh? Surely these wouldn't be the same little men who authorized alcohol sales at SMU events, opening up a not-insignificant revenue stream for SMU athletics. Or the little men that authorized the hiring of a top 25 recruit's dad just to give us a shot at landing him. Or the little men that delayed the re-seat last time because of the probation, and are only now doing it in a completely reasonable manner for a non-P5 school desperate for additional income. Wait, I know- it's the same little men that greenlit and bankrolled on short notice an IPF for a new location and ditched LEED certification in order to get it built more quickly. Are these the same little men that personally spent about 25K to fly Chad back home private to catch his son's football game after Navy right before he bailed to go to the SEC? Or maybe the same little men who landed the coach who put together SMU's best football staff in 30 years while Cal is footing 70% of the bill. Maybe it's the same little men who stopped Hart from hiring Morris, and then wrapping up a deal with the country's hottest coordinator when Chad was about to bail to Baylor because they just "wanted to win" too much. Are these the same little men that have sat through every single hoops game for the last 30 years while secretly wanting it to fail? Maybe the little men that have already done multiple renos of Ford's administrative areas in the last four years and recently reno'd the locker rooms in Moody?

Gosh, these little men sure sound bad, don't they?
PonyKai

Postby smupony94 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:02 am

and

Last edited by smupony94 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
smupony94

Postby smusportspage » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:02 am

Boom! PonyKai nailed it.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:15 am

ObeyMyDog wrote:Spare me with that response. He's right. MOB is trash.

One more example of how “social engineering” doesn’t work
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby mtrout » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:22 am

Our boosters and donors are heroes. Admin...idk. Can admin deliver something like this? A " we're gonna run through the AAC like *** through a *** "

mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby RI Stang » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:32 am

PonyKai wrote:

Just curious, which little men would these be? The one's that got Moody renovated? How about Crum? The ones who called Larry back when the then-AD was too incompetent to do so? Maybe the ones who hired Larry. And who authorized paying a HCIW 750K. Maybe the ones who greenlit hiring Snacks and Maligi and let Larry fly 5 inches from the sun in recruiting. The same little men who bankrolled home games in the CIT in a desperate attempt to generate some positive program momentum for RoboDoh? Surely these wouldn't be the same little men who authorized alcohol sales at SMU events, opening up a not-insignificant revenue stream for SMU athletics. Or the little men that authorized the hiring of a top 25 recruit's dad just to give us a shot at landing him. Or the little men that delayed the re-seat last time because of the probation, and are only now doing it in a completely reasonable manner for a non-P5 school desperate for additional income. Wait, I know- it's the same little men that greenlit and bankrolled on short notice an IPF for a new location and ditched LEED certification in order to get it built more quickly. Are these the same little men that personally spent about 25K to fly Chad back home private to catch his son's football game after Navy right before he bailed to go to the SEC? Or maybe the same little men who landed the coach who put together SMU's best football staff in 30 years while Cal is footing 70% of the bill. Maybe it's the same little men who stopped Hart from hiring Morris, and then wrapping up a deal with the country's hottest coordinator when Chad was about to bail to Baylor because they just "wanted to win" too much. Are these the same little men that have sat through every single hoops game for the last 30 years while secretly wanting it to fail? Maybe the little men that have already done multiple renos of Ford's administrative areas in the last four years and recently reno'd the locker rooms in Moody?

Gosh, these little men sure sound bad, don't they?

Thank you
RI Stang
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball