PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: USF vs SMU game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: USF vs SMU game thread

Postby SMU Section F » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:00 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:Sorry, I misplaced my PF BS decoder ring. Someone help me out with this...

‘They’re young, they’ll be fine, give them a year to improve, we should be ‘competitive’ next year, blah blah blah.

What the $*%# does that exactly mean????

Call me crazy, but that seems like pretty plain English...

Whether you believe it is another story, I guess.

We're in a tough spot with our sanctions continuing through next year, but we do have some quality players and promising recruits. Both Cincinnati and Wichita State are graduating significant contributors this year, so they'll have some challenges as well. I don't think our roster will be on their level (or Houston's), but we should be much closer talent-wise.

Depth-wise we will still be nearly incapable of handling a significant injury though - much less two... We were incredibly lucky last year and pretty damn unlucky this year, so who knows.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Rick Neuheisel had an interesting comment on his radio show this morning regarding recruiting.
I’ll paraphrase: It’s not the guys you DON’T GET that hurt you, it’s the one’s you do get, who don’t perform to expectations.

This was not in reference to SMU, it was just a general comment. Certainly hits home here though.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Was his paraphrased remark actually “It is not who you pick to lose in your NCAA bracket that hurts you, it’s the ones you pick to win that do not perform to expectations.” ?
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:51 pm

mrydel wrote:Was his paraphrased remark actually “It is not who you pick to lose in your NCAA bracket that hurts you, it’s the ones you pick to win that do not perform to expectations.” ?

Pretty sure it was specific to coaches and recruiting and not M Rydel’s Failed brackets.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Previous

Return to Basketball