PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: USF vs SMU game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: USF vs SMU game thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:16 pm

By far the worst game this SMU team has played this season. Getting whipped by the last place team in the conference, even at their place is embarrassing. Going 4-27 from three and 2-12 from the FT line is just incredibly bad shooting. McMurray disappeared today going 0-7 from three. Chargois played as well as he has in quite a while but 1-8 on his FTs! Really? Gu was his usual warrior self with 11 boards and 4-8 FGs but otherwise these guys played like they did not want to be there today. I have to wonder if they will play with the same enthusiasm Thursday against UConn. How fitting that we should be eliminated in the very 1st game of the conference tourney. We just might be the worst team in the league right now.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:28 pm

here's a positive that came out of that game

https://twitter.com/USFMBB/status/970424008100413440
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Arkpony » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:49 pm

What a sad, sad representation of SMU basketball, based on the last 4 years. Has our recruiting really fallen so low? I see other teams playing Freshmen who are burning up the nets, while ours play like high school kids. I am depressed and have a sinking feeling for the future.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Official: USF vs SMU game thread

Postby mrydel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Jank mentioned that when the season is over he would elaborate on all the issues the team has faced the second half of the season. I will be interested in hearing what all there is. You know that Gu’s wrist has to be bad when he was leading the conference in 3 point % and did not even try one even with several open opportunities.

I am not looking for excuses, but perhaps some additional circumstances of which we are not aware.
Last edited by mrydel on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Difficult to watch such a disappointing performance. I would have thought the team would play with more pride in the anthracite.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby dr. rick » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:52 pm

I lay the last few losses on the S&C coach (do we have one?). Even the announcers noted that the team lost their legs and were shooting "short" due to exhaustion. the kids are doing their best, but have not been prepared for all of these minutes.
dr. rick
Junior Varsity

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:54 pm

This season can’t end soon enough. Critical off-season for Jank and Co.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:57 pm

dr. rick wrote:I lay the last few losses on the S&C coach (do we have one?). Even the announcers noted that the team lost their legs and were shooting "short" due to exhaustion. the kids are doing their best, but have not been prepared for all of these minutes.

I am no basketball expert, but if you use the excuse of not practicing for being out of sync, etc., it sure seems like you should have some energy.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Arkpony » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:58 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
dr. rick wrote:I lay the last few losses on the S&C coach (do we have one?). Even the announcers noted that the team lost their legs and were shooting "short" due to exhaustion. the kids are doing their best, but have not been prepared for all of these minutes.

I am no basketball expert, but if you use the excuse of not practicing for being out of sync, etc., it sure seems like you should have some energy.

My thoughts exactly
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 pm

mrydel wrote:Jank mentioned that when the season is over he would elaborate on all the issues the team has faced the second half of the season. I will be interested in hearing what all there is. You know that Gu’s wrist has to be bad when he was leading the conference in 3 point % and did not even try one even with several open opportunities.

I am not looking for excuses, but perhaps some additional circumstances of which we are not aware.

I'm not interested in labor - just show me the baby . Since I'm no longer financially connected it makes no difference. I think it's going to be just like football and there's nothing that my brother's can do about it.
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:06 pm

If you happened to watch the Cincy/WSU game today I hope you noticed the numerous times Cronin and Marshall pointed to 2 or 3 players at a time to go into the game and relieve some who were tiring. Several times. You do not see that with our team. If you have ever played the game you might remember you get tired during a game whether or not you have practiced during the week.

Our team sucks right now but to say they were not tiring for good reason is wrong.
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm

.Image

I'll have the decency not to show the away games. RSJ
One Trick Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:22 pm

mrydel wrote:Our team sucks right now but to say they were not tiring for good reason is wrong.

They will get tired as the game goes on of course since there are only seven of them.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:32 pm

mrydel wrote:If you happened to watch the Cincy/WSU game today I hope you noticed the numerous times Cronin and Marshall pointed to 2 or 3 players at a time to go into the game and relieve some who were tiring. Several times. You do not see that with our team. If you have ever played the game you might remember you get tired during a game whether or not you have practiced during the week.

Our team sucks right now but to say they were not tiring for good reason is wrong.

Yup. Last year was a total anomaly. You need 10 contributors to get through a season when you factor in injuries etc. you might tighten the rotation at tourney time or in certain games but you have to at least HAVE the depth.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mrydel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:38 pm

And when the coach says they can’t practice he does not mean they just sit in a recliner. They do practice but they cannot replicate game type situations.
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball