PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UCONN FIRES OLLIE FOR CAUSE.

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: UCONN FIRES OLLIE FOR CAUSE.

Postby mustangxc » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:44 pm

I think firing Ollie for cause is a terrible look for UConn. I have to think that they could have negotiated a buy-out for an alum that won them a national championship. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't getting it done and had to go but if they treat an alum like that, what mercenaries are going to want to go there unless they pay very well.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:46 pm

mustangxc wrote:I think firing Ollie for cause is a terrible look for UConn. I have to think that they could have negotiated a buy-out for an alum that won them a national championship. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't getting it done and had to go but if they treat an alum like that, what mercenaries are going to want to go there unless they pay very well.

Rumor is that UCONN offered and Olive refused a settlement. This will get ugly and not help the search.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Section F » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
mustangxc wrote:I think firing Ollie for cause is a terrible look for UConn. I have to think that they could have negotiated a buy-out for an alum that won them a national championship. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't getting it done and had to go but if they treat an alum like that, what mercenaries are going to want to go there unless they pay very well.

Rumor is that UCONN offered and Olive refused a settlement. This will get ugly and not help the search.

Not to mention they supposedly fired him due to the NCAA investigation... which is gonna sound like a guilty plea. So who wants to go to a school about to possibly get sanctioned?
SMU Section F
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball