PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Goodbye To Shake: Thank You!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Goodbye To Shake: Thank You!

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Happy to have you Shake! You were definitely one of the recent best to have suited up for SMU strait from high school. Represent the school well and cheers to a long career in the NBA.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Blunt Pony » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:15 am

mustangxc wrote:I am completely opposed to paying players. However, I think colleges should pay insurance policies for pro prospects and colleges should pay health insurance for any injuries incurred while competing for that program. If someone has trouble walking the rest of their lives because they sustained injuries playing offensive line for x university then that university should cover that player's health insurance.

I think that would be possible and should be considered for sure. And Section F, I agree something needs to be done!
Blunt Pony
Varsity

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm

I understand why he didn't play, I just don't respect him as much for making that decision. He's a very good player and wish him well in the pro's. Had a really nice soph year. He carried us in many games this year, and was abysmal when it mattered in the Bahamas. We go 3-0 in that tourney w just Beta Shake. Instead he gave us cuckShake
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:44 pm

hoopmanx wrote:I "abysmal" when it mattered in the Bahamas. We go 3-0 in that tourney w just Beta Shake. Instead he gave us cuckShake

I sat in the front row

very bad, dreadful, awful, terrible, frightful, atrocious, disgraceful, deplorable, shameful, hopeless, lamentable. it was bad but I don't know if it was that bad haha. Beautiful spokesperson for SMU No Doubt
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lebanese4Life » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:40 am

Haha you’re one of a kind hoop.

Shake is def a beta. Only showed grit and hunger against WSU. Has mad potential given his scoring ability and measurables but bottom line he’s a softie when it’s time to be THE guy.

Wish him all the best in the bigs. He’ll def find a niche as a 2 guard but will never be a superstar unless takes huge strides on his quickness on D and toughness when attacking the rim.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball