PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Goodbye To Shake: Thank You!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Goodbye To Shake: Thank You!

Postby PonyLaw90 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Shake has made it official. We all knew it was coming but now its real. He's been the consumate student athlete. He handled his role with class and a quiet resolve. Every interview he gave made us proud that he was a Mustang.

Here is a series of highlights that we will make all of us remember the good times. Thank you Sniper Shake! I wish you the very best in your future, in and out of basketball.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/shake-milton
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Re: Goodbye To Shake: Thank You!

Postby MFFL02 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:12 am

This year’s team was not as talented as last year’s, but I thought we still could have won one NCAA tourney game. A shame Shake is leaving after missing half the season with an injury, but wish him the best of luck in the pros.
I miss Troy Matthews.
MFFL02
All-American

Postby hoopmanx » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:54 am

Mixed legacy on this kid. Appreciate the highs, but not sure you get lower than shutting it down on your team when cleared. Funny how Metu got slammed for missing the NIT to protect his draft status, but Shake gets kudos from our fans for giving up on his teammates.

I wish him well, cause we need NBA ballers, but he's beta programmed
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:37 am

I wasn’t aware that Shake had been cleared to play. That bring the case it makes me sadder about the state of college basketball but I don’t hold it against Shake. It’s part of how a basketball career works I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:51 am

I will always remember him as one who bailed.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:46 am

Y'all are like a bunch of scorned wives that divorce because of some pretty little girl. They don't stay and drink the Kool-Aid forever that's why there's only 1500 of you.
One Trick Pony

Postby Prideful Pony » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:47 am

hoopmanx wrote:Mixed legacy on this kid. Appreciate the highs, but not sure you get lower than shutting it down on your team when cleared. Funny how Metu got slammed for missing the NIT to protect his draft status, but Shake gets kudos from our fans for giving up on his teammates.

I wish him well, cause we need NBA ballers, but he's beta programmed

Shame to hear that he could've played but chose not to. Wonder if that'll be a knock on him in the draft since it adds to his reputation of not being "the man".

When was he cleared?
Prideful Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony_Law » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:17 am

Shake was a great player for us and represented the university well. He will continue to do so in what I think will be a long successful career in the NBA.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:24 am

Without BOTH Shake and Jarrey, this team wasn't going anywhere this season so I don't have a problem with Shake choosing to get as healthy as possible before he has to try out for what will probably be the highest paying job of his career. I will remember him for the game he played against Wichita State, when this past season was still fun.
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyTime » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm

So we got 2.5 seasons out of Shake.

Guess that's better than 1 season out of Semi or 0 seasons out of Mudiay.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Wouldn't mind having some "one and done" type players, especially if they are conference players of the year. Semi doesn't actually qualify because of his brief stop at Duke and transfer sit, but was still a nice get
Charleston Pony

Postby JasonB » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:44 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Wouldn't mind having some "one and done" type players, especially if they are conference players of the year. Semi doesn't actually qualify because of his brief stop at Duke and transfer sit, but was still a nice get

I disagree. Over the next few months it is going to become very apparent that those kids care bout making money, not about the university they attend for a year. All of the universities associated with those kids are going to be disciplined within the next two years. If Mudiay had come on campus, we would have the death penalty again.
JasonB

Postby Shetland » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:21 am

You can't just drop "he was cleared to play" and not qualify your Intel. Jank never said it or any of the best reporters.
Shetland
Scout Team

Postby deucetz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:05 am

I knew when he was shut down earlier in the year he wouldn't come back.

I don't blame Shake for not coming back in the tournament. I wouldn't either if I was giving up millions if I got hurt. College fans have unrealistic expectations for athletes, and in many instances, choose to be willfully ignorant about social factors that are working against the college athletes.

I have enjoyed watching Shake during his tenure at SMU. I do think there are aspects he needs to work on, but it will serve him and his family better to work on them at a professional level.
deucetz
All-American

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:47 am

deucetz wrote:I knew when he was shut down earlier in the year he wouldn't come back.

I don't blame Shake for not coming back in the tournament. I wouldn't either if I was giving up millions if I got hurt. College fans have unrealistic expectations for athletes, and in many instances, choose to be willfully ignorant about social factors that are working against the college athletes.

I have enjoyed watching Shake during his tenure at SMU. I do think there are aspects he needs to work on, but it will serve him and his family better to work on them at a professional level.

That's a good take on the whole situation. I didn't expect to see him again either....just the way it is. It will be interesting to see how he fares in the future. If he makes the show I'm kind of rooting for him to debut with driving the lane on Sterling or Semi or Ben.....and having his shot attempt end up in the 5th row. I'll always appreciate what Shake DID contribute but I'll also regret that it didn't end better.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Next

Return to Basketball