PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

POLL: Deadline passed... what did you wind up doing?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

2018-19 basketball season tickets - what did you do

Increased donation & keeping tix
18%
Kept donation level same & keeping tix
18%
Donating less but keeping tix
1%
Will not have season tickets
63%

Total votes : 68

Re: POLL: Deadline passed... what did you wind up doing?

Postby PonySnob » Mon May 14, 2018 11:16 am

smupony94 wrote:Are the uppers rows of sections 200 & 215 for visitors?

Looks that way - never understood why they gave them the seats right behind the visiting bench.[/quote]
Conference rule[/quote]

Forget that it was a conference issue. Looking at the chart, looks like they've been allowed to move them given that the section is available now.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby oilpony » Mon May 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Maybe I will inquire during the summer
oilpony
All-American

Postby solomouse » Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 am

8:32 am, Tuesday....my watch was a few seconds fast,so a sudden panic occurred...but within a few more seconds it worked...i did not see the full range of choices for some reason..i was sent directly to what was available in my old section 204...I actually increased last year and added a very small bump this year and had hopes to keep my row 1 seats...it looks like they were taken before Monday because what was shown to be available at the start (viewed at 6pm Monday) looked pretty picked over already...anyway we were forced to move up to the seats 1 and 2 on row 7 or 8, i cant remember which...this has been interesting.
solomouse
Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 am

I'm excited about the new opportunities to purchase seats on StubHub.
Will be joining the SOB this year.
One Trick Pony

POLL: Deadline passed... what did you wind up doing?

Postby PonySnob » Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 am

solomouse wrote:8:32 am, Tuesday....my watch was a few seconds fast,so a sudden panic occurred...but within a few more seconds it worked...i did not see the full range of choices for some reason..i was sent directly to what was available in my old section 204...I actually increased last year and added a very small bump this year and had hopes to keep my row 1 seats...it looks like they were taken before Monday because what was shown to be available at the start (viewed at 6pm Monday) looked pretty picked over already...anyway we were forced to move up to the seats 1 and 2 on row 7 or 8, i cant remember which...this has been interesting.

Was surprised how many people had picked prior to Monday. Availability prior to start of day Tuesday:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby DiamondM » Tue May 15, 2018 10:15 am

I kept my donation the same, which meant I had to move from my seats held since 2001, which would have required me to double my donation. Moved to 1st row corner behind SMU bench, which is going to feel weird after sitting across from the vistor's bench for 18 years.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby mustang92 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:50 am

All of you who didn't renew and saved money on both Mustang Club donations and Basketball tickets are welcome to use some of that money saved to support the Mustang Band! www.diamondm.club/join. :D
mustang92
Scout Team

Postby PonySnob » Tue May 15, 2018 11:08 am

Just heard from somebody who picked about 10:30 and in the sideline seats in 203, 205, 213, and 211, they said row 8 was about the best there was.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue May 15, 2018 11:26 am

Someone got my old seats in 202 front row. They'll enjoy those
One Trick Pony

Postby Arkpony » Tue May 15, 2018 11:48 am

I gave money last year to the diamondm band group and got badly cheated by them! Do NOT believe any promises from that group! Incidentally I wrote Prez Turner about it and was ignored. This will affect my future contributions.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby kc711 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Arkpony wrote:I gave money last year to the diamondm band group and got badly cheated by them! Do NOT believe any promises from that group! Incidentally I wrote Prez Turner about it and was ignored. This will affect my future contributions.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on how you were badly cheated by making a donation to the band? Except for name recognition on the Boulevard for sponsoring a lunch or being the guest "conductor" at a basketball game, I am not aware of any benefits for giving to the band. The benefit of giving is to support the band. It is a shame you had a bad experience, but it would be interesting to hear specifically about your bad experience.
kc711
Scout Team

Postby Bishrag » Tue May 15, 2018 12:57 pm

I’m curious to see how many people who only have two tickets are getting moved compared to those with 4+. Example to be on par with some who has 4 tickets at $500 donation per seat a person with 2 tickets would need to donated 2k (1k per seat). Seems since people couldn’t purchase more tickets than they had already they got punished a bit.
Bishrag
Recruit

Postby mustang92 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm

kc711 wrote:
Arkpony wrote:I gave money last year to the diamondm band group and got badly cheated by them! Do NOT believe any promises from that group! Incidentally I wrote Prez Turner about it and was ignored. This will affect my future contributions.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on how you were badly cheated by making a donation to the band? Except for name recognition on the Boulevard for sponsoring a lunch or being the guest "conductor" at a basketball game, I am not aware of any benefits for giving to the band. The benefit of giving is to support the band. It is a shame you had a bad experience, but it would be interesting to hear specifically about your bad experience.

I'm pretty sure I know what this is about. Arkpony was one of our guest conductors. We had different definitions of "courtside" seats. The seats we provide are near the band, and are considered "courtside." The expectation was the chairs like where W sits. There was no intentional cheating, and we certainly didn't purposely make any false promises. We have apologized repeatedly and will change the wording for the guest conductor package going forward. It's unfortunate Arkpony feels cheated, and we regret the misunderstanding. We have no interest and it does us no good to intentionally deceive donors.
mustang92
Scout Team

Postby DiamondM » Tue May 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Bishrag wrote:I’m curious to see how many people who only have two tickets are getting moved compared to those with 4+. Example to be on par with some who has 4 tickets at $500 donation per seat a person with 2 tickets would need to donated 2k (1k per seat). Seems since people couldn’t purchase more tickets than they had already they got punished a bit.

I have purchased 4 for my family ever since we had a family of 4. In order to keep my existing 4, I would have had to double my donation, or I could have reduced to just 2 tickets at my same donation. I opted to keep my same donation level but move our 4 seats.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby kc711 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Bishrag wrote:I’m curious to see how many people who only have two tickets are getting moved compared to those with 4+. Example to be on par with some who has 4 tickets at $500 donation per seat a person with 2 tickets would need to donated 2k (1k per seat). Seems since people couldn’t purchase more tickets than they had already they got punished a bit.

Your understanding of the process is not correct. You can decrease or increase the number of tickets you want to purchase. Below is a quote from a Mustang Club email about the selection process:

"CHANGING YOUR SEAT QUANTITY
If you would like to add or subtract seats from your order, please contact the SMU Athletic Ticket Office at 214-768-4263 prior to your appointment time. Reminder, there are maximums for the number of seats that can be purchased in the lower level/premium sections."
kc711
Scout Team

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball