PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Trouble at WSU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Trouble at WSU

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:05 am

SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Trouble at WSU

Postby PonySnob » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 am

Seem to remember hearing that they are doing a reseating as well.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby RI Stang » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 am

LA_Mustang wrote:This ain’t good.....

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita-st ... ring/page2

Most interested in how this impacts Torres' decision. While it could make him MORE likely to go there with another guard removed from the equation, it also could make him LESS likely to go there since it seems obvious to me anyway that something is going on behind the scenes...
RI Stang
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 am

PonySnob wrote:Seem to remember hearing that they are doing a reseating as well.

If you are a high dollar donor, the coach's wife has cocktails with you
smupony94

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:34 am

RI Stang wrote:

Most interested in how this impacts Torres' decision. While it could make him MORE likely to go there with another guard removed from the equation, it also could make him LESS likely to go there since it seems obvious to me anyway that something is going on behind the scenes...

And there is nothing "going on behind the scenes" here :)
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby No Quarter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Does WSU have their own WDNWHA spokesman who will rule on this if happens as the faithful fear?
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby RI Stang » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
RI Stang wrote:

What exactly would that be? More complaints about the reseat process? One can only hope
RI Stang
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 pm

RI Stang wrote:
Mustangsabu wrote:
RI Stang wrote:[quote="LA_Mustang"]This ain’t good.....

What exactly would that be? More complaints about the reseat process? One can only hope[/quote]
RI to the rescue with his Rose Colored Glasses. A LOT of People are pissed off about that . Call me wrong but I bet you're a major donor.
One Trick Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm

What exactly would that be? More complaints about the reseat process? One can only hope

I was just fanning the flames of discontent and conspiracy....because its Thursday :)
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:And there is nothing "going on behind the scenes" here :)

I was just fanning the flames of discontent and conspiracy....because its Thursday :)

Most of the people that have zero problem never spent 7 or 10 or 15 or $20,000 they probably mooch tickets from their friends and got somebody to buy their beers. , same group that think it's cool to get a free ticket and move into 104. Actually I think that's a good idea now haha
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:53 pm

No Quarter wrote:Does WSU have their own WDNWHA spokesman who will rule on this if happens as the faithful fear?

Their WDNWHA Committee is still operating at the MVC level so its sophistication will not match ours.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby RI Stang » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Interesting. So which is it - the major donors or the moochers? I guess both. To clarify, I don't love it and gave exactly the same as I have before (pretty damn far from major but certainly not free) and will let the chips fall. My guess is I'll get close to the same seats that I have had and have sat in for 95% of the games since Moody re-opened, despite a challenging commute. Maybe not exactly the same ones unfortunately, but not bad enough that I just won't support the program (with my $$$) either.

Regardless, the point is that every discussion on here gets hijacked with yet another comment about the reseat. We get it - some of you hate it and that's fine. If you hate it so much, move on to something else and that's understandable (again, never said I was a huge supporter of this). There is a 30+ page thread on the topic, continue voicing your displeasure there if you must.

On topics regarding the team, the coaches, recruiting, etc. though? Give it a rest...some of us actually want to discuss what's going on with the program OUTSIDE of the reseat.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:06 pm

RI Stang wrote:Interesting. So which is it - the major donors or the moochers? I guess both. To clarify, I don't love it and gave exactly the same as I have before (pretty damn far from major but certainly not free) and will let the chips fall. My guess is I'll get close to the same seats that I have had and have sat in for 95% of the games since Moody re-opened, despite a challenging commute. Maybe not exactly the same ones unfortunately, but not bad enough that I just won't support the program (with my $$$) either.

Regardless, the point is that every discussion on here gets hijacked with yet another comment about the reseat. We get it - some of you hate it and that's fine. If you hate it so much, move on to something else and that's understandable (again, never said I was a huge supporter of this). There is a 30+ page thread on the topic, continue voicing your displeasure there if you must.

On topics regarding the team, the coaches, recruiting, etc. though? Give it a rest...some of us actually want to discuss what's going on with the program OUTSIDE of the reseat.

I challenge you to pull down your zipper and whip out your -- priority points--- lmao. There useless but they do show a history of participation and such.
One Trick Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:40 pm

For the record I was not referring to the reseat. I was poking fun at the recent firing of a parent of a sought after recruit, our history of NCAA violations, and our general inability to make smart decisions.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:For the record I was not referring to the reseat. I was poking fun at the recent firing of a parent of a sought after recruit, our history of NCAA violations, and our general inability to make smart decisions.

Lol , it's never been easy
One Trick Pony

Return to Basketball