PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Missing on Recruits

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU Missing on Recruits

Postby smupony94 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Arkpony wrote:with my limited knowledge of basketball, I have no idea what he is talking about.

Hoop didn't agree with coaching last year
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:53 pm

Seems strange to me that the best showing Frenchie had last year in my opinion was manning up against Bamba. And he talked about how he was coached to do it. Seems like he lost any guidance after that.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ponyboy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 pm

smupony94 wrote:
Arkpony wrote:with my limited knowledge of basketball, I have no idea what he is talking about.

Hoop didn't agree with coaching last year

More specifically, he thinks Jankovich was good in some areas and not good in others. And he thinks (rightly) that we're a bunch of uninformed whiners who don't know what to complain about and what to cheer about.
ponyboy

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 pm

From my perspective Jank and/or staff seem pretty good at coming up with game plans (USC, Boise, Arizona this year ect)/ Jank is not so good at adjusting/coming up with something new when something is happening in game that evidences that the plan needs to change. Two clearest examples to me are the tournament game against USC and the game against Tulane at Tulane. It was absurd that Jank couldn't restart our Zone offense in the game against USC and it was absurd that he just left McMurry on an Island against that guard in the post.. Our superior talent in both those games was why the games stayed super tight but a decent adjustment would have solved the problem.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Shetland » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 pm

USC played tight down the stretch but that is the advantage the play in Team has in those matchup. I would have called a couple more TO. But we never trailed until under 30 seconds. It happens.

Bruno? Kid had no chance of qualifying here and with the NCAA stank on us couldn't try to force him in. Let's face it no one in Texas or Indianapolis wants SMU to succeed.

I feel like if we had full range of scholarships McDowell, Landrum and Wilson would still be here. Not great but contributors. Something you can't afford on limited scholarships. Telling was worth a shot but ultimately too slow to play in America.
Shetland
Scout Team

Postby hoopmanx » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:16 am

Shetland wrote:USC played tight down the stretch but that is the advantage the play in Team has in those matchup. I would have called a couple more TO. But we never trailed until under 30 seconds. It happens.

Bruno? Kid had no chance of qualifying here and with the NCAA stank on us couldn't try to force him in. Let's face it no one in Texas or Indianapolis wants SMU to succeed.

I feel like if we had full range of scholarships McDowell, Landrum and Wilson would still be here. Not great but contributors. Something you can't afford on limited scholarships. Telling was worth a shot but ultimately too slow to play in America.

No offense cause your post is fine minus Bruno, but that's a really ill-informed take. Bruno would have qualified, cause he did at Maryland. I know how and who, so random assertions that he wouldn't have qualified are about as useful as saying Kapita would have never got through clearinghouse, despite him doing so. LB took him from SMU and delivered him to Turge, much like he sent the other Angolan to KU. You know, the one who is being investigated..
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 am

Why does he still support the team with SMU gear if he went behind the scenes to hurt our recruiting?
JasonB

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:05 pm

But, if you’ve been to prison, well..... you get the idea.

I still place a good deal of last season’s epic fail on scholarship restrictions. Had we two more experienced /junior/senior guys on the roster we would have been able to do this thing very differently.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:29 pm

[quote="One Trick Pony"]Did you Google that haha In Texas that would be a quarter million dollars a year in real estate tax. I think you can put two kids through SMU for a half a million. Providing you don't pay for their car cell phones or give them an AMEX card

$21,560 won't even get you a decent 3-star point guard anymore. East Hampton is a screaming buy. :wink:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Hawaii has ultra low real estate taxes too as long as you don't VRBO your property. One day I'll just rent abroad
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:03 pm

I think Nevada is the only place you can legally rent a broad.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 pm

mrydel wrote:I think Nevada is the only place you can legally rent a broad.

In the US
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:57 pm

mrydel wrote:I think Nevada is the only place you can legally rent a broad.

You didn't disappoint me
One Trick Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:51 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Hawaii has ultra low real estate taxes too as long as you don't VRBO your property. One day I'll just rent abroad

So Pitino of you OTP.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:13 am

Yikes
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball