PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Keys to next season

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Keys to next season

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue May 29, 2018 5:57 am

stay healthy...unlike this past season
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed May 30, 2018 5:19 am

1) Defense and rebounding
2) Rebounding and defense
3) Defense and rebounding.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed May 30, 2018 10:15 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:1) Defense and rebounding
2) Rebounding and defense
3) Defense and rebounding.

This.

I think both of these should improve drastically just based on 1) we should go back to man to man defense; and 2) we aren't going to be playing Gu at the 4 or even Jarrey at the 4, but 6'8" I. Mike AND will return Jarrey and Ray from injuries probably our two best rebounders, add Mike & Hunt, and return Chargois after a full offseason.

The hope is that Jank focuses on this and we get back to being elite in these two categories.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby oilpony » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:45 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Chaggy - Our starting center and will get 25-30 minutes a game. Will the staff develop him? He has all the tools. He can be 14 & 8 guy. Has the potential to be all-AAC this season.

Ray and Douglas - who are they? Both have the talent but it is time to show it or move on. Ray will be needed more because we don’t have another 4/5 backup for Chaggy. He can be an elite rebounder and garbage scorer in the Draymond mold. No one on this roster puzzles me more than Douglas. He has all the measurables - body, length, shot but eventually he has to produce. It would not shock me if he is a completely different player this season.

Newcomers - I’ve told people Mike is as good as any transfer we’ve had. Will he have the impact of Nic or Semi in year one? I don’t know but I think he will be our best player and all-AAC worthy. He is an NBA talent. Hunt is a Jarrey level talent without the injury. The sky is the limit. The staff is raving about him. Kennedy will be a great building block and a nice contributor off the bench. He could be Shake like as a freshman. Hopefully Dixon is what we thought Justin Martin would be.

McMurray - be you. Be the guy who can go off for 10 points in 3 minutes. Along with Mike he will provide the swagger. He will be a better player with more talent surrounding him.

Jank - let the roster limitations go. Please run more.

Score more points than the other team.
oilpony
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball