PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Shake Injured

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Shake Injured

Postby PonySnob » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:15 am

Not a good start to his NBA career:

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Shake Injured

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:24 am

That's too bad.

The injury luck has been pretty [deleted] Shake this year!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby No Quarter » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Shake is a very talented guy but you have to wonder whether he will be durable enough to enjoy a long professional career. Wish the best for him but 2018 has been rough.
Charleston Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Shake is a very talented guy but you have to wonder whether he will be durable enough to enjoy a long professional career. Wish the best for him but 2018 has been rough.

He graduated right?
One Trick Pony

Postby PonyLawExpress » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:07 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Shake is a very talented guy but you have to wonder whether he will be durable enough to enjoy a long professional career. Wish the best for him but 2018 has been rough.

He graduated right?

I don't recall him graduating. I'm sure he isn't too many credits away from doing so though.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Doubt it
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Well maybe he should have stayed one more year and graduated. I guess you can always come back if it doesn't work out and finish up.
One Trick Pony

Postby smitty329 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:43 pm

[quote="... you have to wonder whether he will be durable enough to enjoy a long professional career...[/quote]

I would say no since he didn't endure a short amateur career.
smitty329
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:40 pm

He will make more $$$ as an NBA rookie than any degree would have earned him and if he doesn't make a long career out of bball, he can always come back to school if that's what he wants to do. I just hope all of our guys in the NBA can hang around long enough to get the kind of contract some very average free agents are getting this year
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Unlike his injury at SMU, this inury does not appear to be fake news.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby horsemanx » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:30 pm

I bet he won't quit on the 76ers
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby Dutch » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 am

Charleston Pony wrote:He will make more $$$ as an NBA rookie than any degree would have earned him and if he doesn't make a long career out of bball, he can always come back to school if that's what he wants to do. I just hope all of our guys in the NBA can hang around long enough to get the kind of contract some very average free agents are getting this year

well, not playing this summer may have hurt his chances of getting anything more than a 2-way contract. so, that's not exactly true. with a 2 way, he'd make about $75,000 playing in the G-league, and if he gets called up he gets rookie minimum on a per game basis (roughly $4700 per game). the 76'ers are notorious for stashing away players they hold the rights to.

ben moore was on a 2-way contract. last year the pay was less at around $50k plus the $4700 for each of the 2 games he got called up to play for the pacers. our guys playing overseas probably made more - NBA knows guys are willing to play for less here because they'll sacrifice that pay for the hope of getting called up. it's easier path.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:13 am

One Trick Pony wrote:

He graduated right?

doesn't matter for APR purposes as long as he signs a contract. and i'm pretty sure we (and most schools) allow former athletes to return to get their degree on some form of grant/scholarship.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby FriscoPMG » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:51 pm

https://www.nba.com/sixers/team-signs-shake-milton-two-way-contract

Philadelphia 76ers Head Coach Brett Brown announced today that the team has signed guard Shake Milton to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Per NBA rules, teams are permitted to sign two players to two-way contracts in addition to the 15-man NBA regular-season roster. A two-way player for the 76ers will provide services to the team’s G League affiliate – the Delaware Blue Coats – but can spend up to 45 days with the 76ers, not including any time spent with Philadelphia prior to the start of Blue Coats’ training camp or following the conclusion of Delaware’s regular season.

The 76ers acquired the draft rights to Milton (No. 54 overall) from Dallas in a draft-night trade in exchange for the draft rights to the No. 56 overall pick, Ray Spalding from Louisville, and the No. 60 overall pick, Kostas Antetokounmpo from Dayton.

A 6-foot-5 guard, Milton averaged 18.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 4.4 assists in 2017-18, his junior season at SMU and he improved his scoring and rebounding averages in each of his three seasons with the Mustangs. For his collegiate career, he appeared in 87 games (80 starts) and posted 13.4 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 1.1 steals in 34.7 minutes per contest.

Over his first two seasons with SMU, the team compiled a 55-10 record, earning a No. 6 seed in the 2017 NCAA Tournament. The Owasso, Oklahoma native was twice named Second Team All-AAC (2017 and 2018) and, as a freshman, was named to the AAC All-Rookie Team (2016).
FriscoPMG
All-American

Next

Return to Basketball