PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ponies in the Summer League

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ponies in the Summer League

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:04 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
JasonB wrote:Sterling blew the last summer league game they had. With lead, He fouled the guy on a three pointer, and the next possession committed an and one foul when the player blew by him on the perimeter with 3 seconds left and they lost by 1. Not a good end to a very solid summer league set of games...

Semi sat out the last game?

Man, did PonySnob hack your account? I certainly don’t want to let a bad one minute stretch overshadow what was a very solid summer league for Sterling.

And yes, Semi was held out of the last game which is common in the summer league. They saw what they needed to from Semi in the earlier games

Don't knock Pony snob. He's always been a financial contributor never a mooch and always showed up - better than 90% of everybody else on this board.

In fact anyone that's been around that program for 30 years and it still here is a saint
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:44 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
JasonB wrote:Sterling blew the last summer league game they had. With lead, He fouled the guy on a three pointer, and the next possession committed an and one foul when the player blew by him on the perimeter with 3 seconds left and they lost by 1. Not a good end to a very solid summer league set of games...

Semi sat out the last game?

Man, did PonySnob hack your account? I certainly don’t want to let a bad one minute stretch overshadow what was a very solid summer league for Sterling.

And yes, Semi was held out of the last game which is common in the summer league. They saw what they needed to from Semi in the earlier games

Sorry to come across so negative, but, man, that last minute was bad for Sterling :).

Hopefully the Parker move opens up some time for him!
JasonB

Postby The Falcon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:55 pm

One Trick Pony said
"In fact anyone that's been around that program for 30 years and it still here is a saint[/quote]"

I was counting when you said that and I figured out that I have been around
for 50 years of games. Does that make me a SuperSaint or SuperStupid?
The Falcon
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:46 am

Member of their 1499 no doubt
One Trick Pony

Postby PonySnob » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Per the Boston Globe today:

“ Semi Ojeleye already has shown that he can be a powerful defender at the NBA level, and he showed that again during summer league. He did not take major steps elsewhere, though. The forward made 10 of 30 3-pointers and pulled down just 4.2 rebounds per game. Of course, the offseason is not even two months old yet, and Ojeleye is clearly dedicating much of his summer to improving that jump shot.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby PoconoPony » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Announcers at the end of his last game indicated that the coaching staff fully understood and appreciated his defensive skills. Apparently he has been instructed to focus and develop his out side shooting skills.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU15 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:41 pm

Not Summer League, but turned on ESPN and TBT tournament was on.

Markus playing as a ringer for Sons of Westwood (UCLA alum team). Having an impact on the game but also a stupid technical foul. Still repping his SMU #5 backpack too
"And as long as they're keeping score, there will always be people who try to do everything they can to put up more points than the other guy." -Brent Musberger
SMU15
Varsity

Postby smupony94 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:35 pm

@BenEmelogu
16m16 minutes ago
More
Signed a contract and 48hrs later the contract fell apart, life comes fast but God has a plan.
smupony94

Postby smupony94 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:39 am

American big man Markus Kennedy has officially signed a deal with Turkish side Petkimspor. Kennedy finished last season with Hyeres-Toulon in French Pro A, averaging 9 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
smupony94

Postby bubba pony » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:21 pm

wonder if he gets paid in US Dollars or Turkish Lira. Lira value is plummeting
bubba pony
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball