PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MOB Section

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: MOB Section

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:17 am

I took a business associate who is an LSU Alum to that game. My favorite line was Dave you know when you have good seats when George Bush and Mark Cuban are sitting behind you lol.

Even the wife was totally into it.
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Rick Pitino
@RealPitino

The most difficult arenas my teams have faced:
1) Kansas
2) Kentucky
3) Michigan St
4) SMU
5) West Virginia
6) Grand Canyon
For a program in its infant stages of college basketball, its student section is amazing
12:48 PM - 3 Oct 2018

Those were the good ole days
Pony ^

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Pony ^ wrote:Rick Pitino
@RealPitino

The most difficult arenas my teams have faced:
1) Kansas
2) Kentucky
3) Michigan St
4) SMU
5) West Virginia
6) Grand Canyon
For a program in its infant stages of college basketball, its student section is amazing
12:48 PM - 3 Oct 2018

Those were the good ole days

Seeing that makes me sad. That was a fun night!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:54 pm

I remember in Pitino's press conference a few days before that game, he said he called Mick Cronin to ask what to expect at Moody. Mick's response was just "bedlam". Saddening SMU ruined a great thing
Pony ^

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 pm

I'm absolutely certain that the print off of Karen cyphers demand placed on every coaches seat next to mine on the floor
Along with the real mob- was all that!
One Trick Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:23 am

Pony ^ wrote:I remember in Pitino's press conference a few days before that game, he said he called Mick Cronin to ask what to expect at Moody. Mick's response was just "bedlam". Saddening SMU ruined a great thing

Really all started when little Nic graduated and moved on.
Charleston Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:39 am

Pony ^ wrote:I remember in Pitino's press conference a few days before that game, he said he called Mick Cronin to ask what to expect at Moody. Mick's response was just "bedlam". Saddening SMU ruined a great thing

https://youtu.be/fuX18vQQ9nU
One Trick Pony

Postby friarwolf » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:14 am

Charleston Pony wrote:

No, it started when Hart came up with those idiotic rules to get to sit in the mob seats...........
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:27 pm

friarwolf wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:

No, it started when Hart came up with those idiotic rules to get to sit in the mob seats...........

I said this over multiple seasons and I was ridiculed for it by the majority of people who lurk around on here. I was close enough to graduating (but not as close as everyone seemed to think) to see and it was so glaringly obvious Hart had killed what made the MOB great. The reality is in the beginning LB tossed tickets on fraternity chapter room floors and said get drunk and come be loud and that is what launched it - then we hit a perfect equilibrium of students and then Hart and his braintrust came in and just destroyed it. Idiots, all of them.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby smupony94 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:45 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:
friarwolf wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:[quote="Pony ^"]I remember in Pitino's press conference a few days before that game, he said he called Mick Cronin to ask what to expect at Moody. Mick's response was just "bedlam". Saddening SMU ruined a great thing

I said this over multiple seasons and I was ridiculed for it by the majority of people who lurk around on here. I was close enough to graduating (but not as close as everyone seemed to think) to see and it was so glaringly obvious Hart had killed what made the MOB great. The reality is in the beginning LB tossed tickets on fraternity chapter room floors and said get drunk and come be loud and that is what launched it - then we hit a perfect equilibrium of students and then Hart and his braintrust came in and just destroyed it. Idiots, all of them.[/quote]

So, we should get students drunk? I’ll bring the keg.

Brett K.
smupony94

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:56 am

Forget the noise. Let’s get all fired up for.....ummmm.... a dozen games against nobody?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby redpony » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:40 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:Forget the noise. Let’s get all fired up for.....ummmm.... a dozen games against nobody?

Not to fear. By this time next year we will likely have a new coach and we can start the entire process over again. It would also be great if we could also have a new AD but that probably won't happen- lap dogs are hard to find.
redpony

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 pm

redpony wrote: It would also be great if we could also have a new AD but that probably won't happen- lap dogs are hard to find.

Why do we end always end up with a dud? We're continually running in place.
Bergermeister

Postby horsemanx » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:38 pm

I received yet another call today wondering if I was interested in season tickets. They apparently have some great deals on seats similar to my old ones. :lol:
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 am

horsemanx wrote:I received yet another call today wondering if I was interested in season tickets. They apparently have some great deals on seats similar to my old ones. :lol:

same. Told them to take a hike
Pony ^

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball