PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Gameday!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Gameday!

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:42 am

Official attendance: 5605

Last season's home opener against UMBC was officially listed as 6841.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:01 am

And we’re there really 5600 people there?

That’s much better than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:32 am

Mustangsabu wrote:And we’re there really 5600 people there?

That’s much better than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say that's quite generous. Maybe 600 people were in the stands when the team ran out of the tunnel. Slightly filled in as the game went on of course
Pony ^

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 am

Mustangsabu wrote:And we’re there really 5600 people there?

Unless something has changed, we have always announced tickets sold for basketball which means attendance figures have been close to 7000 in the New Moody since it has been officially "sold out" before the season every year.

If that is still the case then these numbers indicate they have sold around 1000 fewer season tickets.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby JasonB » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:36 am

Was at a conference, so had to watch on the phone..

I thought Hunt and White both looked better than Landrum or Douglas looked last year. They will help as depth off the bench.

Disappointed Douglas didn't contribute more.

Shot horribly and McMurray, Chagois, and Mike didn't contribute much. Nice that we can still beat a bad team but that won't fly during the season.

Dixon was more impressive than I expected, but I was hoping for more out of Mike. Chagois was off. McMurray will always be streaky. But Mike we need to see more out of in order to compete.

Also interesting to hear Jank say when/if in regards to Foster this year in the postgame. That spells trouble.
JasonB

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Pony ^ wrote: Maybe 600 people were in the stands when the team ran out of the tunnel.

Hope we have 600 people when the football team takes the field against Memphis next Friday night. We'll get trumped by high school playoff games.
Bergermeister

Postby Pony_Law » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 pm

I know it was against a zone but Chargois might be a little bit to in love with his jump shot. LB said semi had that issue when he first got here. Chargois needs to use his ball skills and what I assume is him increased quickness to drive to murder defenses when a big man starts running out on him.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby skyscraper » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:33 pm

There was 2,500 - 3,000 actual humans in Moody last night. More students than I would've thought there, TBH.
Last night wasn't a disaster, but it wasn't reassuring.
We will see what happens as the non-conf continues.
skyscraper

Postby PonySnob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:45 pm

JasonB wrote:Was at a conference, so had to watch on the phone..

I thought Hunt and White both looked better than Landrum or Douglas looked last year. They will help as depth off the bench.

Disappointed Douglas didn't contribute more.

Shot horribly and McMurray, Chagois, and Mike didn't contribute much. Nice that we can still beat a bad team but that won't fly during the season.

Dixon was more impressive than I expected, but I was hoping for more out of Mike. Chagois was off. McMurray will always be streaky. But Mike we need to see more out of in order to compete.

Also interesting to hear Jank say when/if in regards to Foster this year in the postgame. That spells trouble.

Mike looked like he hadn't played in quite a while and. Got called for some pretty ticky-tack fouls early. Guessing it'll take him a couple of games to shake the rust off. Was much more disappointed in Douglas as didn't look any different than last season. Hopefully that was just a game one of the season thing but if we're counting on him to do much, it could be trouble. Just seems like the #2 rated player in Tennessee (per 247) would be playing at a higher level than he has so far.
Last edited by PonySnob on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby EastStang » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Didn't see the game. But the game cast play by play indicated we only scored 3 points in the last 5 minutes. Gotta do better than that. That's a sure way to lose games to good teams.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Previous

Return to Basketball