PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How different will Akoy Agau look in his Louisville basketba

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

How different will Akoy Agau look in his Louisville basketba

Postby PonyTime » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:15 am

Will be interesting to see how much PT he gets up there this season...

How different will Akoy Agau look in his Louisville basketball return?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/09/10/louisville-basketball-2018-19-how-akoy-agau-2-0-look/1202315002/
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: How different will Akoy Agau look in his Louisville bask

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:17 am

PonyTime wrote:Will be interesting to see how much PT he gets up there this season...

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/09/10/louisville-basketball-2018-19-how-akoy-agau-2-0-look/1202315002/

I sure wish we had hung onto him and helped him get into shape. Would have been nice to have him for 10-12MPG off the bench aallowing us to redshirt Jahmar Young rather than having to play small or trying to play a guy who needs to add 15-25lbs of muscle when Chargois needs a breather or is in foul trouble.

I guess we thought Ray would be back this season and not have suffered a setback..
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:28 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:
PonyTime wrote:Will be interesting to see how much PT he gets up there this season...

I sure wish we had hung onto him and helped him get into shape. Would have been nice to have him for 10-12MPG off the bench aallowing us to redshirt Jahmar Young rather than having to play small or trying to play a guy who needs to add 15-25lbs of muscle when Chargois needs a breather or is in foul trouble.

I guess we thought Ray would be back this season and not have suffered a setback..

Agree. Was hoping Ray might become a contributor this year, but looking more and more like he might become "our" Akoy
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:24 pm

I read the article in the Athletic a couple of weeks ago. Mentioned that he was overweight and trying to get back in shape. That battle seems to be a forever one.

Look, the guy played through a lot of pain to give it a shot here and allowed us to field a team. So I am grateful for that. But he doesn't fit. None of our guys, even our frosh, are pure post players. We would have to completely change the offense when he entered the game. I'd rather have Mike and Chargois eat minutes and fill the rest with the frosh and give them opportunities to grow. The athleticism will pay off more on both sides of the court in their limited minutes.
JasonB

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:35 pm

JasonB wrote:I read the article in the Athletic a couple of weeks ago. Mentioned that he was overweight and trying to get back in shape. That battle seems to be a forever one.

Look, the guy played through a lot of pain to give it a shot here and allowed us to field a team. So I am grateful for that. But he doesn't fit. None of our guys, even our frosh, are pure post players. We would have to completely change the offense when he entered the game. I'd rather have Mike and Chargois eat minutes and fill the rest with the frosh and give them opportunities to grow. The athleticism will pay off more on both sides of the court in their limited minutes.

I’m in agreement here. I admire him for his guts and thank him for his time. And perhaps he could have given us 10-12 minutes each night this season. But with all the mileage and damage he’s a tortoise in a hare program. Better to develop the kids and be bummed Jank didn’t get a juco big to stand in.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Akoy had 7 points and 7 rebounds in 12 minutes in Louisville's 104-54 win against Southern yesterday. Hit 1-1 FG and 5-6 FTs. Five of his 7 boards were offensive boards
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball