PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs USM

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs USM

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Loss had nothing to do with the re seat. 10 point loss at home to a non ranked CUSA team is not good.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TidePony » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Just left the game... Jank do you remember anything Larry did? Our players don’t know their roles or positions. No excuses, this is poor coaching.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby mustang1992 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Glad we were able to get those big donors their re-seat. Looks like another winning decision by the athletic dept.

Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc., don't want to come to Moody? LOL

There will be no one in Moody this year, playing a weak OOC, Jank showing his true coaching ability. Were going to look like North Texas South.
mustang1992
All-American

Postby blackoutpony » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Lol at anyone who defended Jank.

Take your blinders off. This is a horrrible horrible loss.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Not going to put it all on the coach. SMU may not be as good as some thought. Even with Foster coming back it could be tough. But what we saw today is about what next years team will be. They will get better as the season goes on but how much better is unknowable at this point.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Mike not looking as good as I thought he would be at this point. Now that’s not to say he won’t get better. Going to have to recruit better to be in the top half of the AAC in years to come imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonyLaw90 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Can Sonny and his staff help with recruiting?

I know it’s early but I. Mike should not be starting. Get F. Hunt in there.
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby skyscraper » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Anyone still defending Jank is an idiot.
We all know what needs to happen. Sadly, more losses like today are what's needed to rip the bandaid off in march and end this farce.
skyscraper

Postby Pony81 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Tough loss. A smaller team somehow turned us into a jump shooting team. The biggest difference between this team and Larry’s is our inability to force the ball inside for a close shot. Didn’t really drive to the basket much and try to create a size mismatch.....

Anybody that thinks teams won’t come play at Moody because of the atmosphere are delusional. It’s not dead but it’s nothing special.....

Mike, Douglas, and Hunt are going to have to Improve a lot to give us any shot of being in the top 3 teams in conference. On a positive note, I thought CJ White looked good and better than his recruiting ranking would suggest. Played hard and with confidence.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:48 pm

I am a fan of Jankovich but this loss is on him. I think he is a solid bench coach, but recruiting is the key to college basketball and even if you account for the sanctions our recruiting has been below average. We should be able to beat Southern Miss at home without Foster. The fact that we need Foster in order to beat this caliber of team at home shows that we have not been able to attract the talent needed to replace our outgoing players which is a problem. This was not a rebuild, it was a turbocharged program that simply needed what Frank Martin gave Kansas State after Bob Huggins left them after a year. Heck, we were much further along than Kansas State and now with the boneheaded decision to do the reseat we now lost our talent and fanbase. We are further along than we were when Larry Brown arrived, but the magic has been squandered away. What a missed opportunity.
mustangxc

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:53 pm

The thing about it is that USM had sanctions on them as well and were short a scholarship.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby redpony » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:55 pm

time for Jank to go!!! First, we have an OOC that is totally embarrassing to any school that wants to contend for the big dance, then we can't even play with the 'patsies' that were scheduled.
This not only falls on the coach but also our AD. There need to be a lot of changes made if we want to move back into the realm of a respected basketball team.
Time to find a coach who can and will recruit as well as coach winning bball. Do it now. Please do not waste the entire season hoping for coaching miracles.
redpony

Postby blackoutpony » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Jank is in no way a good bench coach. What are you smoking, because I’d really like some.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:03 pm

I know it is early - but this just cannot be acceptable to anyone. Really awful coaching. That is really all you can say - there were no adjustments at all.

On top of the poor game day coaching and poor recruiting, we have the irony of the reseat. As soon as we had something worth attending, the richy rich with so/so school loyalty show up to boot out the medium rich with crazy great loyalty - and then the place is immediately a morgue. I have never seen our front row not show up like this game.
gostangs

Postby lwjr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:10 pm

gostangs wrote:I know it is early - but this just cannot be acceptable to anyone. Really awful coaching. That is really all you can say - there were no adjustments at all.

On top of the poor game day coaching and poor recruiting, we have the irony of the reseat. As soon as we had something worth attending, the richy rich with so/so school loyalty show up to boot out the medium rich with crazy great loyalty - and then the place is immediately a morgue. I have never seen our front row not show up like this game.
once again, SMU has killed a good thing.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball