PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs USM

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs USM

Postby mustangxc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:15 pm

The re-seat is a fireable offense for Hart.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:15 pm

lwjr wrote:
gostangs wrote:I know it is early - but this just cannot be acceptable to anyone. Really awful coaching. That is really all you can say - there were no adjustments at all.

On top of the poor game day coaching and poor recruiting, we have the irony of the reseat. As soon as we had something worth attending, the richy rich with so/so school loyalty show up to boot out the medium rich with crazy great loyalty - and then the place is immediately a morgue. I have never seen our front row not show up like this game.
once again, SMU has killed a good thing.

We do what we do
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby JasonB » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Coaching, recruiting, whatever the reason it doesn't matter. We lost against a team we shouldn't ever lose to at home. That's on Jank. His seat just got a lot hotter. Not making the NCAAs this year is going to cost him his job, and that loss right there will count a lot against us at selection time even if we somehow manage to get the record up.

* The team isn't good enough defensively. We don't have enough athleticism to be a high quality defensive team at guard or down low. And there is no defensive stopper on the team. Lack of athleticism in our recruiting is really catching up to us here.

* Offensively, we are a mess. Positionless basketball can't mean not running any set plays. Jacking up way too many threes and no aggression. And limited offense from the post or down low.

* McMurray is the most non-LB type of player we could possibly have. He is playground. No court awareness, no discipline, and not a good defender. On a good team, he runs off the bench as a Vinnie Johnson type player.

* Mike has been a disappointment. The expectation was that he would be a "plus" player in the league. Very average on both sides of the court.

* I thought Whitt's jumper had been fixed? That really isn't a good sign.

I'm in the group that said to give Jank this year to prove things. I'm also in the group that thinks that last year should have been better even with the injuries. It's easy to be a players coach when things go well. Being a Player's coach doesn't work as well when the [deleted] hits the fan and you need the team to actually run a set play or get in the face of players defensively.

Bad, bad loss. The natives are restless.
JasonB

Postby PonyLaw90 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Tis a scratch. Nothing but a flesh wound. If we can go 28-2 the rest of the way, this loss won’t hurt.
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:47 pm

William Douglas.......paging William Douglas
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:54 pm

I do think Jank made some adjustments at halftime and tried to inside more but we do have natural post players for the most part to go to. SMU is now mostly a perimeter shooting team.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Football School.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Rebel10 wrote:I do think Jank made some adjustments at halftime and tried to inside more but we do have natural post players for the most part to go to. SMU is now mostly a perimeter shooting team.

Almost made you wonder why he made adjustments. At least we had the lead in the first half. I don't know much about basketball but it seem that going to a zone made it easier for them. We tried to go inside but like others said, it's not what we have recruited for.

For Jank, sadly he was able to mask everything with LB transition and scholly restrictions. We unfortunately are looking at a June Junes 2014 moment. I'm not sure what's the best strategy. Wait and see how the season goes... see how OOC goes or take action now if we have a candidate available. Sad and frustrated.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MV pony » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:Football School.

Soccer school.
MV pony
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:24 pm

MV pony wrote:

Soccer school.

:( gross
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:36 pm

This can't be right. My ESPN app said attendance was 103. Fact check?
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:37 pm

MV pony wrote:

Soccer school.

Soccer and golf...only men’s programs that have won anything consistently recently. Soccer goes to the NCAA postseason tournament and...grasp...actually wins games!

Meanwhile...MK is tweeting (back from the dead?!?) about how we should stop pushing academics and just let players play. Ahhh...the joys of mediocrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby Crong » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:29 pm

PonySnob wrote:Impressive crowd 2 minutes into the game

So glad to see my old seats are empty. We didn't miss a game in 5 years including trekking to Garland. The school could have loyal fans filling those seats, buying beer and food, this season and for seasons to come. Instead, they went for the short term money grab. When will the school learn that money isn't the fix to all of its problems? Building a revenue sport program takes an effective coordinated plan and time.
Crong
Varsity

Postby mtrout » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 pm

MV pony wrote:

Soccer school.

Equestrian school. 5-0 #2 ranking.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:05 pm