PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How fast to burn it down?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Did you think Janks would burn the program down this fast?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes : 45

Re: How fast to burn it down?

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:22 pm

Opinions abound on the reseat, to be sure. That said..had no reseat occurred, and we rolled out a shiddy OOC with several bad losses, then had ECU coming to town when our own record was 8-14, think that place would be packed?
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:39 pm

No.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ponydawg » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:02 pm

No it wouldn't be packed, but you would have had 1,000 more already sold seats. No one is going to buy tickets to see SMU vs Western Carolina. But if the tickets are pre-bought sitting on your dresser, you are more likely to go.

And I'm guessing of those 1,000 seats, the majority where the fans that were already going to the games in Garland and against mighty Paul Quinn. My new section is very quiet, not just because of the schedule and product, but because no one is sitting next to the people they had been by for decades.

I'm disappointed I played the game instead of letting the administration know how I felt by not buying tickets.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:06 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Opinions abound on the reseat, to be sure. That said..had no reseat occurred, and we rolled out a shiddy OOC with several bad losses, then had ECU coming to town when our own record was 8-14, think that place would be packed?

Of course not. However, IMO there would not be the attitude among many that the re-seat was a money grab. Once you run off a lot of your most loyal fans it will be a long time before they care to return.
I think the re-seating and revision of ticket pricing does not reflect the performance of the bball team last year and certainly not the start of this year.

RGV- I know you are involved in the Mustang Club and put in a lot of effort to help the school. Many of us appreciate your efforts. I would hope that the obvious unhappiness with the OOC schedule and performance of the team so far this year, and lack of recruiting is made known to the admin and those responsible for the bball program. I would imagine this also impacts the club membership as well as attendance issues.
redpony

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:13 pm

redpony wrote:
RGV Pony wrote:Opinions abound on the reseat, to be sure. That said..had no reseat occurred, and we rolled out a shiddy OOC with several bad losses, then had ECU coming to town when our own record was 8-14, think that place would be packed?

Of course not. However, IMO there would not be the attitude among many that the re-seat was a money grab. Once you run off a lot of your most loyal fans it will be a long time before they care to return.
I think the re-seating and revision of ticket pricing does not reflect the performance of the bball team last year and certainly not the start of this year.

RGV- I know you are involved in the Mustang Club and put in a lot of effort to help the school. Many of us appreciate your efforts. I would hope that the obvious unhappiness with the OOC schedule and performance of the team so far this year, and lack of recruiting is made known to the admin and those responsible for the bball program. I would imagine this also impacts the club membership as well as attendance issues.
No question.

In fact, I believe I prefaced at least one email regarding my season ticket in invoice with "...the schedule notwithstanding.."
Last edited by RGV Pony on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RGV Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 pm

I wouldn't believe anything they say about the money they raised. As I have demonstrated before, excluding the $60k+ brigade the MC donations went down this year. And those big donors I believe are the result of re-classifying athletic donations rather than the reseat. So on the donation front they are just moving numbers around and I don't think you can tie it to the reseat. They were going to raise money by just selling STs anyway, it's not like it was a stand alone funding drive.

Of course the increase in ticket prices is a different issue, but someone could (if they had the time) work out how much a sold out moody
would raised] with STs, that would give you the max amount, and we all know they fell well short of selling it out. Maybe at the end of the year they will let us know, but I doubt it will be a clear answer.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonySnob » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Bump
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby SMU Section F » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:05 pm

Glad to see SMU rolling out the "our fans aren't loyal because our team sucks" ahead of time and ignoring the fact that a large number of fans have been driven away by incompetence at levels far above the field/court.

SMU's athletes and coaches have done nothing to keep me away from our programs (quite the contrary), and yet I find it harder and harder to justify supporting SMU athletics.

Guess I'm still along for the ride for now.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby smupony94 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 pm

SMU Section F wrote:

Glad to see SMU rolling out the "our fans aren't loyal because our team sucks" ahead of time and ignoring the fact that a large number of fans have been driven away by incompetence at levels far above the field/court.

SMU's athletes and coaches have done nothing to keep me away from our programs (quite the contrary), and yet I find it harder and harder to justify supporting SMU athletics.

Guess I'm still along for the ride for now.

Sonny and staff killing it on the recruiting trail
smupony94

Postby PonySnob » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:20 pm

PonySnob wrote:Image

Yeah he was saying it was all good