PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Reseat follow up: Are there people using your old seats?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Reseat follow up: Are there people using your old seats?

Postby SMU Section F » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:26 pm

SMU Section F wrote:I suspected the reseat might be a last desperate attempt to profit from our few seasons of minor success and I really hope the coming years don't continue to validate that belief...

...but it's definitely not looking good.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby lwjr » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:42 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
lwjr wrote:Moody Madness to Moody Mausoleum in just two short years .

That run is over hopefully they'll get some new people in and make something happen

Fairy dust and unicorns
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Well if they would have done the reseat this year they would have lost a lot more money. So I guess they got as much as they could last year.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 pm

lwjr wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
lwjr wrote:Moody Madness to Moody Mausoleum in just two short years .

That run is over hopefully they'll get some new people in and make something happen

Fairy dust and unicorns

Just wondering if my luge Buddies
are wishing they would have taken a couple of first class tickets to Europe in lieu of the mausoleum
One Trick Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Sometimes I really do feel bad for the people who paid Larry Brown prices for this, but then I remember SMU doesn't educate dummies so they had to know for what they were paying.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Well SMU is 2-2 at Moody so far.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby longbuzzer » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:48 am

Five hundred ball looks pretty good right now.

I haven’t seen many familiar faces in 205.

Hard to get anybody to go to a game so I can use my second ticket.
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby used to be 2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:32 pm

REALLY WORKED, TRY TO RECRUIT TOP PLAYERS NOW

2018-19 Men's Basketball Seating and Hospitality
Prior to the 2018-19 men's basketball season, the Department of Athletics will conduct a reseating of all current men's basketball season ticket holders in Moody Coliseum. This process will encompass every men's basketball season ticket holder and all seats throughout Moody Coliseum. Seat selection ranking will be based upon total annual Athletics giving, donor rank and priority points. The deadline for donations is March 31, 2018, and the reseat process will commence in May 2018. Also effective for the 2018-19 men's basketball season, per-seat donation requirements will increase for seats in section 104 and all 200 level sections. Finally, access to the Miller Champions Club will no longer be tied to seat location; rather, access to the Miller Champions Club will be available to donors with a S15,000 (Triple Crown-level) gift or higher to the Mustang Club plus a S700 per ticket food & beverage fee. Access to the Hall of Fame Club will be available to season ticket holders in the first 12 rows of section 208 as well as donors with a S10,000 (Thoroughbred-level) gift or higher to the Mustang Club plus a S700 per ticket food & beverage fee.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:05 pm

RIPImage
One Trick Pony

Postby mustang1992 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:57 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Sometimes I really do feel bad for the people who paid Larry Brown prices for this, but then I remember SMU doesn't educate dummies so they had to know for what they were paying.

Glad I did not participate in that nonsense and I saw the writing on the wall to know better than to pay the prices they were going to be asking versus the product on the court.

I was never a fan of Jank, I looked at his records at his previous head jobs to know he was not going to maintain our success.

If they did make money on the re-seat, I wonder how fast they are going to lose it with the continued loss of season ticket holders next year and beyond?
mustang1992
All-American

Postby JasonB » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 am

Either Jank turns the season around and more people sign up for next season, or Jank fails and they hire a big name coach who gets people to invest.

The reseat wasn't the right move, and I'm not happy about it. It's embarrassing this season. But it wasn't a short term money grab. This is about getting people to come back and the school making a lot more money in a successful program. To fill up the pre-game area with 15K donors to the Mustang Club and driving a good enough team that the 1500 will come back in other areas of the stadium.

Because of that, I can almost guarantee that if Jank doesn't have this team in the NCAA tourney, they will go out and bring in a very big name. One that will move the needle significantly and bring a new round of investors into the program.

Eventually, if Sonny can improve the football program enough and we start to fill up Ford, they will do the same thing. I fully expect that I'll get pushed off of the 45 yard line in 5 years. It will suck for sure, but honestly I'd rather sit at the 25 in a packed house than sit at the 45 by myself and watch us lose. And Sonny gets it - he knows the product has to be better and consistent for people to show up. He is the first coach that has made that statement.
JasonB

Postby SMU Section F » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 pm

JasonB wrote:Either Jank turns the season around and more people sign up for next season, or Jank fails and they hire a big name coach who gets people to invest.

The reseat wasn't the right move, and I'm not happy about it. It's embarrassing this season. But it wasn't a short term money grab. This is about getting people to come back and the school making a lot more money in a successful program. To fill up the pre-game area with 15K donors to the Mustang Club and driving a good enough team that the 1500 will come back in other areas of the stadium.

Because of that, I can almost guarantee that if Jank doesn't have this team in the NCAA tourney, they will go out and bring in a very big name. One that will move the needle significantly and bring a new round of investors into the program.

Eventually, if Sonny can improve the football program enough and we start to fill up Ford, they will do the same thing. I fully expect that I'll get pushed off of the 45 yard line in 5 years. It will suck for sure, but honestly I'd rather sit at the 25 in a packed house than sit at the 45 by myself and watch us lose. And Sonny gets it - he knows the product has to be better and consistent for people to show up. He is the first coach that has made that statement.

I wish I lived in your world.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Well the loss to Bradley had nothing to do with the reseat.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mustang1992 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:57 pm

JasonB wrote:Either Jank turns the season around and more people sign up for next season, or Jank fails and they hire a big name coach who gets people to invest.

Or a slew of other options could happen - one more likely, we wallow in mediocrity for several years till we hit rock bottom.
mustang1992
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball