PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU/WCU game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU/WCU game thread

Postby ojaipony » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:33 pm

We got beat by Southern Miss and we didn't beat this cupcake by 60. No one is that good (yet). I want to see this team after Jarrey has played a few games. How THAT team plays, will tell me if we should just cancel the season or not. So far, I'm very concerned (not because we don't have some good players, but because of how we play -- there are major red flags ... I would give them the benefit of the doubt with all the new pieces needing to come together and all that takes time, but we should not lose to Southern Miss and last night should have just been a dunk fest with a lot of our scrubs playing in the 2nd half).
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:51 am

I agree with you, but just a note that we don't have any scrubs. Apparently the walkons are injured, so they couldn't even enter the game.
JasonB

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:03 am

JasonB wrote:I agree with you, but just a note that we don't have any scrubs. Apparently the walkons are injured, so they couldn't even enter the game.

Wow Jank can't even pick good walkons!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby RI Stang » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:51 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
mustangxc wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:C.J. was not really a DITR. Hie was a late qualifier so grades keep a lot a major programs away. Once he qualified and we had an extra ship to give we did. Hunt decommitted TCU because another player committed there that he did not get along with so he came to SMU. Both situations were mostly being at the right place at the right time.

Just like you have to blame Jankovich for the recruiting misses you also have to give him his due with the guys he signs that work out well regardless of the circumstance. Credit him for his successes, if he manages to succeed more on the trail no one would question his job status.

TRUE. Other than Chaggy whatcha got?
I’ll give a tiny bit of credit on Hunt because he’s here but only because we botched Archie.
Jury still out on most of the rest.

But what is the quote about the guys you DIDNT GET?

The Archie/Hunt situation was a mess, but in the end everyone is judged based on real results. I was pissed when we wiffed on Torres, yet thus far he has contributed absolutely nothing to a struggling Wichita team begging for guys to step up. Archie has more competition on a better roster, but he can't get on the floor and that will only get worse when Fisher and Noi come back.

Carsen Edwards is the one that kills me every time I see him light it up, but that's on Larry, not Jank.
RI Stang
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball