PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official Game Thread - Powerful Lipscomb Bisons

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official Game Thread - Powerful Lipscomb Bisons

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Sounds like he is covering for the AD if he said that. Usually both AD and Coach share responsibly for scheduling.

Rebel, Jank is 100% responsible for putting this schedule together. Hart had nothing to do with it.

I don't like Hart at all, but don't let Jank off the hook for this. It's 100% on him for assembling this cream puff schedule to try and manufacture wins to keep his job because he knew what a crap team he'd assembled. He's such an [deleted] clown, that he couldn't even execute his "Mad Scientist" plan correctly.

And for the record, Chad picked Arkansas State and Texas State for future OOC games. Bennett was the one who wanted to play half the Big XII back in the day.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:10 pm

I get criticism, but what’s with the hate? Jank’s been 100% SMU since the day he got here. He may not be the man going forward, but ouch
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby skyscraper » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:13 pm

You aren't 100% SMU if you don't try and do your job on a daily basis.
skyscraper

Postby mustangxc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:34 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Sounds like he is covering for the AD if he said that. Usually both AD and Coach share responsibly for scheduling.

Rebel, Jank is 100% responsible for putting this schedule together. Hart had nothing to do with it.

I don't like Hart at all, but don't let Jank off the hook for this. It's 100% on him for assembling this cream puff schedule to try and manufacture wins to keep his job because he knew what a crap team he'd assembled. He's such an [deleted] clown, that he couldn't even execute his "Mad Scientist" plan correctly.

And for the record, Chad picked Arkansas State and Texas State for future OOC games. Bennett was the one who wanted to play half the Big XII back in the day.

The schedule is just as much on Hart as it is Jankovich even if Jankovich scheduled all of the games. Hart is Jankovich's boss and had to know the plan ahead of time and as such is 100% responsible for allowing it.
mustangxc

Postby PonyLaw90 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:13 pm

As much as I’d like to see Michigan, Gonzaga or USC, this team, as currently constituted, would be drilled on national tv. That would be awful.
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:13 pm

ponyboy wrote:I get criticism, but what’s with the hate? Jank’s been 100% SMU since the day he got here. He may not be the man going forward, but ouch

Because he was never the right hire from the start and he's absolutely mailed it in on the recruiting trail. He's not a great bench coach, he's a horrible ambassador for our program, and he's about as competent as June was at the end of his tenure here. All his pressers are just making up excuses about how hard everything has been on him here, but he's too damn lazy to actually go watch recruits or pick up the phone to make a phone call. If you followed recruiting closely, you'd be blown away at just how boneheaded he and his staff have been. It borders on malpractice and is completely unacceptable for a school is trying to act like a big boy with their money grab re-seat. Well the big boys don't tolerate this level of incompetence, negligence and apathy from a man they are paying $1.5 million a year.

His greatest accomplishment with his own players is getting to the second round of the NIT. Whoopity freaking do.

I applaud your blind loyalty ponyboy, it's not a bad quality, but in today's day and age, it's that kind of attitude that will literally kill a program.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ObeyMyDog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:26 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
ponyboy wrote:I get criticism, but what’s with the hate? Jank’s been 100% SMU since the day he got here. He may not be the man going forward, but ouch

Because he was never the right hire from the start and he's absolutely mailed it in on the recruiting trail. He's not a great bench coach, he's a horrible ambassador for our program, and he's about as competent as June was at the end of his tenure here. All his pressers are just making up excuses about how hard everything has been on him here, but he's too damn lazy to actually go watch recruits or pick up the phone to make a phone call. If you followed recruiting closely, you'd be blown away at just how boneheaded he and his staff have been. It borders on malpractice and is completely unacceptable for a school is trying to act like a big boy with their money grab re-seat. Well the big boys don't tolerate this level of incompetence, negligence and apathy from a man they are paying $1.5 million a year.

His greatest accomplishment with his own players is getting to the second round of the NIT. Whoopity freaking do.

I applaud your blind loyalty ponyboy, it's not a bad quality, but in today's day and age, it's that kind of attitude that will literally kill a program.

God this is perfect. Hart should have to read this 10x every morning before doing anything else
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby RI Stang » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:55 am

Not saying he's the answer, but just curious if Jason Kidd lives in Dallas?
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:13 am

RI Stang wrote: Jason Kidd

:shock:
Be proactive. Make necessary moves to avoid a June Jones situation with basketball.
Bergermeister

Postby smupony94 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Lipscomb beating the Toads

Don’t get me wrong, I love that but now Jank will have another sorry excuse
smupony94

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 pm

smupony94 wrote:Lipscomb beating the Toads

Don’t get me wrong, I love that but now Jank will have another sorry excuse

I don’t think he will say that in the post game interview.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonyLaw90 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 pm

The powerful Bisons run roughshod over the Toads. We may not have a “chance” to beat a top 25 In December.
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Official Game Thread - Powerful Lipscomb Bisons

Postby PonySnob » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:03 pm

PonyLaw90 wrote:The powerful Bisons run roughshod over the Toads. We may not have a “chance” to beat a top 25 In December.

Right now we just need to beat somebody.
Last edited by PonySnob on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Well TCU lost by 9, we lost by 6. I would say that is a win.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby 78pony » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:56 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:

God this is perfect. Hart should have to read this 10x every morning before doing anything else

Agree. And agree again.
78pony
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball