PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We can't wait until March to fire Jank

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: We can't wait until March to fire Jank

Postby geno » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:23 am

Pony ^ wrote:Why would Hoiberg come here when he can get any P5 job he wants. I see him at Texas and Shaka comes here in reality.

Agree with our administration. We have a bunch of yes men. Hart needs to go or we will just hire another vanilla Jank yes man. OR, Jank won't even be fired.

Yeah, we sure need Shaka. He's taken one high profile team with a good record and turned it into ashes. Maybe he could do the reverse for us here.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby mtrout » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:31 am

Pony ^ wrote:Why would Hoiberg come here when he can get any P5 job he wants. I see him at Texas and Shaka comes here in reality.

Agree with our administration. We have a bunch of yes men. Hart needs to go or we will just hire another vanilla Jank yes man. OR, Jank won't even be fired.

Hart was hired because he was a yes man. If we wanted someone to charge hard and drive for success then we wouldn't have fired Orsini.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby smupony94 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:40 am

mtrout wrote:

Hart was hired because he was a yes man. If we wanted someone to charge hard and drive for success then we wouldn't have fired Orsini.

If we still had Orsini, that means no Larry. Steve was great but absolutely botched the basketball search.
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:45 am

geno wrote:
Yeah, we sure need Shaka. He's taken one high profile team with a good record and turned it into ashes. Maybe he could do the reverse for us here.

Not everyone is built to coach at Texas. It's arguably the biggest brand in the world for college athletics and has several distractions. See the last decade in football. They also have zero home court advantage which we all know is very important in college hoops. Not making excuses for his X's and O's but his time at VCU is more telling.

At a smaller school, he took VCU to 5 straight NCAA tournaments including a final 4. I think he would do well here. He puts players in the NBA as well which is our end goal for recruits.
Pony ^

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:23 am

Pony ^ wrote:
geno wrote:

Not everyone is built to coach at Texas. It's arguably the biggest brand in the world for college athletics and has several distractions. See the last decade in football. They also have zero home court advantage which we all know is very important in college hoops. Not making excuses for his X's and O's but his time at VCU is more telling.

At a smaller school, he took VCU to 5 straight NCAA tournaments including a final 4. I think he would do well here. He puts players in the NBA as well which is our end goal for recruits.

I am inclined to agree with you. Some guys thrive in the bigtime. Others find their level and are comfortable staying there. I’m thinking of guys like Greg Marshall and Mark Few. If we can get the right guy and keep him for 6,8,10 years I think that is our best move.

Jank needs to find his level too. Maybe Jr College.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:23 pm

I kinda like the tapatalk view with the titanic Image
One Trick Pony

Postby PonyKai » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Hart > Orsini.
PonyKai