PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bad bad bad

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bad bad bad

Postby Stangster » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 pm

I rarely ever post here. I'm a huge SMU basketball fan. My family loves this program, loves these players. Cannot believe this sudden demise. The reseat helped to kill it. Bad recruiting really helped to kill it. Terrible free throw percentages. (How can a team shoot such awful free throws year after year?) Now I have to say that poor coaching is killing it off. Makes us sick and very sad. We have some very promising players who I'm afraid we'll lose. Hope I'm wrong. Somebody please prove me wrong. We won't give up on these players, but this will be a long season, I'm afraid.
Stangster

Re: Bad bad bad

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:18 am

I agree with all of it. To me it is the coaching. While our talent isn’t quite at the level is should be it’s is way better than the result we are getting so far. We aren’t good at really anything this season and don’t do any of the little fundamental things well.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Shetland » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:29 am

Where is this kid? Doesn't look like the same player. https://youtu.be/0-1J4xdkykY
Shetland
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:00 am

Pete Gillen's comment last night was that "SMU has better talent than Bradley" but this team is clearly not performing as a team right now and that's on Jank.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Arkpony » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 am

Shetland wrote:Where is this kid? Doesn't look like the same player. https://youtu.be/0-1J4xdkykY

My gosh! That’s HIM?
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby JasonB » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:41 am

Kind of reminds me of the challenges Gu had after transferring here after an outstanding freshman season at VT. Talent will win out in the end, but it is rough right now...
JasonB

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:59 am

I'm not ready to toss him on the Jank scrap heap but I did chuckle when he drove the lane and slammed yesterday AFTER the ref had blown the whistle. "OK now he's totally F**king with us".....was my immediate thought.

Look...Janks so-called offense is getting few open looks and fewer good interior passing opportunities. Mike seems to thrive as a straight line driver who can get to the rim when there is an open lane for him. The times I've seen him start towards the hoop he has stopped in the lane and kicked out. It's basically the opposite of what we were expecting from him. I notice Hunt is a little timid too but that may be just because he's new to college ball. Those two guys are supposed to be dunk city but Jank wants them passing back to our motley collection of three point shooters. LB probably has a bald spot where he scratches his head every time this happens.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Return to Basketball