PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

RICK HART: Where in the HELL are our FANS --- STUDENTS????

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: RICK HART: Where in the HELL are our FANS --- STUDENTS

Postby Treadway21 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:23 am

smuhype wrote:Is there anything Hart can do mid season to turn this around?

I assume with Cowboys game McNeese turnout was season all-time LOW?

Start giving tickets away for free?

No students can earn A unless they attend 2 games? Include all post graduates as well?

Free Food?

More Bobbleheads?

Bush Autograph session?

Evidently he is working on it.
https://twitter.com/ad_rickhart/status/1068508266945265666?s=21
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:29 am

Treadway21 wrote:

No students can earn A unless they attend 2 games? Include all post graduates as well?

Free Food?

More Bobbleheads?

Bush Autograph session?

Some great replies!!!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Mexmustang » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Rick Hart needs to leave, plain and simple. He is simply not qualified, never was, he a graduate of UNC but with a PE major? His academic credentials are only exceeded by one Gerald Turner's in their lack substance in the entire univesity. Even his prior boss at UTC said he was over his head when he came here. Within 18 months of his leaving for SMU, UTC replaced his head football coach, MBB and WBB.

He is SMU's only AD in my lifetime, certainly since the DP to have absolutely no D-1 athletic participation nor coaching experience. He has no contacts in the Texas athletic community and would be incapable of getting SMU to be teed up if the Big 12 were to open up. Let's see Orsini, was a CPA, worked for a major accounting firm, the former AD at UCF (or was it USF, I can't recall)a graduate of Notre Dame and played and lettered on the Notre Dame football team, while at SMU began the Circle of Champions allowing us to actually pay a football coach over %400,000. Ricky Boy is a P/E major, that's all, that's it plain and simple. Best accomplishment at SMU, declining season ticket sales at Ford, cancellation of the annual pre-season football banquet (luncheon), major drop in student attendance at both Ford and Moody, the drastic decline in basketball attendance. Worse still, no man since Pye has done more harm SMU athletics, I never believed the 1,500 hundred loyal athletic fans that keep SMU's dream alive would abandon the program and feel disenfranchised! Here's to you Ricky Boy, I hope when your contract is over just as you treated a number of our coaches, including one with 25 years of dedication, no good bye, no acknowledgment and certainly no retirement benefits.

Rick has provided no marketing initiatives to fill Ford and now is incapable of filling Moody. He acts as though he is not responsible, its the fans fault. Well Ricky Boy, no one has pissed off so many long time ticket holder so quickly. Stallion, what happens if we do turn the football program around for a year and he decides to re-seat between the 20's putting you on the 10 yard line? You would feel betrayed for all those frustrating years of attendance. Well, that's how basketball fans feel now! But, what people forget, its not just basketball that they abandoned, its football and all other former giving to the university. My entire row in the Stadium Club opted out this year--of both sports. You little man!

He had an opportunity to re-sign LB and played cute--offering a multi-year contract with a declining salary. Larry simply told little Ricky to take a hike. Let me make this clear, LB would still be here if Rick had been a man.

His push back to the NCAA was simply non-existent. He neither defended or backed LB nor simply told the NCAA to crawl back in their hole. Instead we self-report and do our own forensic investigation of the school's servers to discover the source of the high school work.

Any other school would have challenged our penalties and played in the tournament that year. We all know Syracuse got off much lighter than SMU because of some artificial timing differential in the academic rules, but everyone ignores that in addition to academic fraud at the university, not high school, that two of their players were also caught being paid $7,000 each for non existent charity work in addition to the academic fraud.

Do I need to remind you how a real basketball school handled a much bigger academic problem, they came after the NCAA with top gun attorneys and blew them off. Oh, Rick that was your alma mater UNC wasn't it?

Should we dare mention the shoe payment debacle and the lack of all the schools that have been penalized? Huh, we don't really want to win. A losing program, declining attendance all because of a loser was hired to be our AD. An AD that won't stand up for his coaches or programs against our lifetime Administrator.

I would remind everyone that the last re-seat was his second, not his first. He f'kd up the first and tried to correct it with the second--what an idiot. Well, Ricky Boy, we are not idiots and we don't trust you to competently handle your job!

Ricky Boy has five direct reports. Two are married to one another, Head of Athletic Admissions and Eligibility and NCAA compliance. Two eager beavers that have given us the most sanctioned program in the NCAA. Ricky Boy can you spell nepotism? Pretty insulting when you take an admission's officer on your HC recruiting search trips. Never heard of a search committee not including a single alumni or former player, but includes a staff member? Rick who are you afraid of? This monster that you have permitted to exist?

Once more, we can't get rid of our lifetime Administrator, but we can get his lacky fired. Fire Ricky Boy, he's the last person than can recruit Jank's replacement!
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby used to be 2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Well summarized and well said.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Second row no entrance to the Miller Club haha

.Image
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:21 pm

.Image
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Might get that for the TCU game glad to see guys are selling them like I used to.

First year I could get 800 a seat.Image
One Trick Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:39 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
Treadway21 wrote:

Free Food?

More Bobbleheads?

Bush Autograph session?

Some great replies!!!

You're right, replies are hilarious.

Absolutely everyone knows SMU's Achilles’ heal is attendance. For Rick Hart to promote the fact that he is reading a self-help book about attendance 6.5 years into his employment here at SMU is rather pathetic if you ask me.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:50 pm

Mexmustang wrote:Huh, we don't really want to win. A losing program, declining attendance all because of a loser was hired to be our AD. An AD that won't stand up for his coaches or programs against our lifetime Administrator.

The Mex is back in town. Expect more RGT bashing :lol: :lol: :lol: ...which btw, I happen to agree with.

I think that is the core of the problem. RGT has his perfect hire and RGT has been known to be very slow to act, because to do so might shine the spotlight on him. To fire Jank, especially mid-season, but even at year-end, might shine the spotlight on Hart. My gut tells me we win 20 games and Jank stays another year, all the while our AD is reading self-help books on attendance.
SoCal_Pony

Postby ponyboy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:27 pm

Jank wins 20 and he deserves to stay. No opinion on Hart.
ponyboy

Postby horsemanx » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:51 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
Treadway21 wrote:Evidently he is working on it.

Some great replies!!!

You're right, replies are hilarious.

Absolutely everyone knows SMU's Achilles’ heal is attendance. For Rick Hart to promote the fact that he is reading a self-help book about attendance 6.5 years into his employment here at SMU is rather pathetic if you ask me.

Great idea. I had muted Rick on twitter a while back since every one of his tweets was [deleted] me off, but I will start following again just to read the replies!
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:39 pm

ponyboy wrote:Jank wins 20 and he deserves to stay. No opinion on Hart.

And that unfortunately could be a worst case scenario. Right now it would not be a total rebuild because the new coach would have a couple of scholarships to get good players. If he just wins enough games to hang on to his job then he would fill the class with his same level of players. And next year without Jarrey or McMurray it could be ugly or a slow painful demise.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ponyscott » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:24 am

One Trick Pony wrote:.Image

HA..I BOUGHT THOSE TICKETS..SEATS 1 AND 2
ponyscott

Postby ponyscott » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:27 am

nm
Last edited by ponyscott on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ponyscott

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:30 am

ponyscott wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:.Image

HA..I BOUGHT THOSE TICKETS..SEATS 1 AND 2

Did you get Miller Club entrance with them?

Those red seats are horrifically uncomfortable for big guys
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball