PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: TCU at SMU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: TCU at SMU

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 pm

PonyPride wrote:Four on Fisher

TCU 67
SMU 59

30.5 to go

Four on Fisher? Like that matters now?????
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 pm

We are totally incompetent!!! Two freaking lane violations on made free throws in one game!!! Are you kidding me???
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 am

At this point I am on board with a 20 game losing streak. We just better not have any injuries because I don’t want to hear any more excuses.
mustangxc

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:11 am

The real victim is Foster. He deserves better.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:11 am

What was the attendance like in the non student stands?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:The real victim is Foster. He deserves better.

Not the way he played tonight.
mustangxc

Postby Arkpony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:14 am

We shot 36%, 16% 3 pt! 59 points total! As someone said earlier, if McMurray isn't hitting 3 pointers, we lose..tonight he was awful-2-11. Awful , awful, awful.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:14 am

mustangxc wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:The real victim is Foster. He deserves better.

Not the way he played tonight.

I didn’t watch but I’m speaking from his career here. I refuse to go or watch a game till Jank is gone. No more excuses.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:16 am

It hurt to see the graphic they put up at half...how few losses we've had in the "new" Moody. Had 5 losses last season that were uncharacteristic and blamed on late season injuries. We will surpass that number easily this year and nothing to blame it on but how far this program has fallen. I will give our guys credit...they played with intensity in that 1st half but I never saw the spacing, screening and ball movement we were accustomed to seeing under Coach Brown. Jank is O.K. with playing street ball and having the 1st guy to touch the ball jack up a trey, whether he is set or we have anyone in position to hit the offensive boards or not. Really disappointing to watch this team compared to what we have enjoyed over the last several years.

I did like what I saw from Feron Hunt tonight. He's got a chance to be a big time player for us. Wish we had a few more with his talent.
Charleston Pony

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:25 am

Rebel10 wrote:What was the attendance like in the non student stands?

Solid attendance. I’d go with 5500 actual and 10% Frogs. Their fans were apparent with a minute to go.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 am

Interesting game. It was only 1 game, but it was a first game against a real opponent, so....

Of the new faces, Hunt impresses me the most. A year in the weight room and he could have a career here. Surprise Surprise, he's our only recent recruit not ranked 300+

Dixon and White are who they are, 2 players who should have never donned SMU uniforms.

Whitt is who he is as well. A contributor, but someone who in incapable of carrying a team on his back. His free throw form is line-drive atrocious.

We had 12 assists and 14 TOs. Me thinks if this team was LB-coached, we win tonight.

TCU is not that good, but they will be materially better next year. We on the other hand, will most likely be materially worse.

It's difficut to root against SMU, but I really really want Jank out of here.
SoCal_Pony

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:30 am

On the post game, Jank mentioned how hard the team played with 20 offensive rebounds on 39 missed shots.

Also mentioned that TCU is a very experienced team. Do they have a lot more upperclassmen contributing?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 am

Charleston Pony wrote:It hurt to see the graphic they put up at half...how few losses we've had in the "new" Moody. Had 5 losses last season that were uncharacteristic and blamed on late season injuries. We will surpass that number easily this year and nothing to blame it on but how far this program has fallen. I will give our guys credit...they played with intensity in that 1st half but I never saw the spacing, screening and ball movement we were accustomed to seeing under Coach Brown. Jank is O.K. with playing street ball and having the 1st guy to touch the ball jack up a trey, whether he is set or we have anyone in position to hit the offensive boards or not. Really disappointing to watch this team compared to what we have enjoyed over the last several years.

I did like what I saw from Feron Hunt tonight. He's got a chance to be a big time player for us. Wish we had a few more with his talent.

Hunt can play. Hope we can hang onto Hunt and Mike.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:35 am

Arkpony wrote:We shot 36%, 16% 3 pt! 59 points total! As someone said earlier, if McMurray isn't hitting 3 pointers, we lose..tonight he was awful-2-11. Awful , awful, awful.

Chargois was a disappearing act and between him and Whitt and Dixon they were 4-20 from the field.
SoCal_Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball