PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: TCU at SMU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: TCU at SMU

Postby EastStang » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:17 am

The body of work this season, points to a conditioning problem. In the past, we got better in the second half. This season, we seem to lose our shooting touch as the game goes on. When your guards become bricklayers, it usually means that they are gassed. Give TCU credit they forced turnovers on our players, but still, when you can't shoot, you can't score. These guys have too much talent to have the bad second half shooting percentages that they have. Certainly part of it is the lack of depth. If you can't score in the final five minutes, then you won't win games.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:18 am

This was my first game this year (after attending probably 97% of games since LB arrived, including Garland). Some thoughts:

1. It's painfully obvious Jank has to go. Now. Unfortunately, our AD will wait until after the season next year when we have our worst season in decades.
2. Our offense is so painful to watch that it's actually boring. Zero movement. Zero adjustments. Do we even have an inside game anymore? It's just 3 players standing within 5 feet of each other on the 3 point line jacking up 3's with a second left on the shot clock.
3. Moody Magic/Madness is dead. Assassinated. And its not coming back for a long long time. It's officially Moody Sadness.
4. The Mob is dead. When did the Mob become 70% female? Incredibly intimidating for visiting teams.
5. SHAKE MOODY? This was the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen associated with SMU Athletics. Someone thought that would work? That's awful!
6. Fire Hart. The guy created a burner Twitter account to back himself up. Get rid of this loser.

It is truly incredible how fast this program burned to the ground. The scariest part was Miller's endorsement of Jank during the halftime ceromony saying he will lead us to prominence. I laughed out loud. We are in for a decade of being a doormat if changes aren't made quick.
Pony ^

Postby smusportspage » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 am

Bergermeister wrote:
PonyTime wrote:I debated on weather or not to go to this game. No longer a season ticket holder.

I was told there were two frogs sitting in my ex-seats.

Just curious Bergermeister, where were you sitting?
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby ObeyMyDog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:51 am

Pony ^ wrote:5. SHAKE MOODY? This was the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen associated with SMU Athletics. Someone thought that would work? That's awful!
6. Fire Hart. The guy created a burner Twitter account to back himself up. Get rid of this loser.

It is truly incredible how fast this program burned to the ground. The scariest part was Miller's endorsement of Jank during the halftime ceromony saying he will lead us to prominence. I laughed out loud. We are in for a decade of being a doormat if changes aren't made quick.

The Shake Moody thing was so bewildering and cringe worthy that I was having a conversation with somebody and turned away during the conversation asking out loud to myself what that was. That was so so so bad I have no words for whoever decided to do that.

I also heard about Hart's burner last night as well. Hysterical. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it is his wife or a close family member. I have to. Because I can't accept the fact our AD is so stupid he used an account that was created only 2 weeks ago and follows only his children.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:44 am

ObeyMyDog wrote:I also heard about Hart's burner last night as well. Hysterical. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it is his wife or a close family member. I have to. Because I can't accept the fact our AD is so stupid he used an account that was created only 2 weeks ago and follows only his children.

Wow a burner account is truly unbelievable if true.

I guess it wouldn't be surprising for someone who posts pictures of books about increasing attendance when he singlehandedly caused (official) attendance to drop at one of his revenue sports by 20% though.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 pm

The "Moody Magic" video clip with two players was pretty sad too.

Maybe females are more likely to pay the $79 to get all the games. Do you think the Mob is filled with Greeks or mostly just random folks who like being a part of some fun?

How did 30+ TCU fans get into the red seats? Family members buy those seats and give them to their TCU family members? Company owners buy them with little SMU affiliation and gave them to their TCU fan employees?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:17 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
PonyTime wrote:I debated on weather or not to go to this game. No longer a season ticket holder.

You know things are bad when Bergermeister passes up an opportunity to grammar police.

DEFCON 2!!!
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm

bubba pony wrote:https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/smumustangs/2018/06/25/report-smus-rick-hart-list-candidates-kansas-ad-opening

remember when University of Kansas was considering Hart for AD? oh if only it came to be.

He should have taken better notes from the chadster.

Unfortunately for Hart, that ship has sailed. Can't imagine he will ever get a P5 opportunity after this BB fiasco.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm

PonyTime wrote:I debated on weather or not to go to this game. No longer a season ticket holder, I could have simply watched this one at home. In the end, I succumbed as it was sadly our only marquee matchup at home before conference.

Going in - I expected TCU to play a full game just like they did in the second half. Tenacious Defense and knocking down threes. Thankfully they did not, or we would have lost by 20+.

Jaylen Fisher was in McMurray's face all night long and knocked down shots at the other end (in the second) as McMurray does not play defense. It got so out of hand that McMurray started to show his frustration (Fisher was in his head by then as he started celebrating each three with more and more gusto).

The upper classmen of TCU (Fisher and Robinson) are gamers and better than what we have to offer. Add in the size advantage down low and coaching advantage and this was a complete mismatch.

As I had thought, I was listening to the T-C-U chants near the end of the game - at which point, we got up and left. The students showed. I give them credit. There were a lot of empties though - in the prime seats.

Perhaps the team heard David Miller's halftime speech supporting a great future with Jank - but they stopped playing defense at the half and TCU started hitting shots.

Watching a rerun of the HW Bush funeral at home would have been more uplifting than that mess I saw last night at Moody.

So PonyTime, how many games do you expect to attend this year?
SoCal_Pony

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:42 pm

smusportspage wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:

Bergermeister

Postby PonyTime » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:44 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
PonyTime wrote:I debated on weather or not to go to this game. No longer a season ticket holder, I could have simply watched this one at home. In the end, I succumbed as it was sadly our only marquee matchup at home before conference.

Going in - I expected TCU to play a full game just like they did in the second half. Tenacious Defense and knocking down threes. Thankfully they did not, or we would have lost by 20+.

Jaylen Fisher was in McMurray's face all night long and knocked down shots at the other end (in the second) as McMurray does not play defense. It got so out of hand that McMurray started to show his frustration (Fisher was in his head by then as he started celebrating each three with more and more gusto).

The upper classmen of TCU (Fisher and Robinson) are gamers and better than what we have to offer. Add in the size advantage down low and coaching advantage and this was a complete mismatch.

As I had thought, I was listening to the T-C-U chants near the end of the game - at which point, we got up and left. The students showed. I give them credit. There were a lot of empties though - in the prime seats.

Perhaps the team heard David Miller's halftime speech supporting a great future with Jank - but they stopped playing defense at the half and TCU started hitting shots.

Watching a rerun of the HW Bush funeral at home would have been more uplifting than that mess I saw last night at Moody.

So PonyTime, how many games do you expect to attend this year?

Used to go to all of them, including some road games. We will probably go to a few of the conference games, but really just depends on what else is going on that day - not a priority any more until they decide to compete at a high level again. I will likely watch just about every game- I can record and watch an entire game on my timing in about 1 hour instead of spending 3 hours to watch games at Moody.

Any grammar miscues are simply to ensure that the TCU fan base can also understand my posts and to keep Burgermeister on his game :-)
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Jank lost halftime big time last night. Also wanted to add that listening to Jank post game on the radio made me cringe as much as the shake moody chant.
JasonB

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Jason, you have repeatedly posted that you thought it was tourney or bust for Jank, you also said on a previous post "I have confidence that Miller will push for judgement sooner rather than later".

Just curious, how do you reconcile that with Miller's endorsement of Jank during his halftime ceremonies.

Do you think it was just simply 'I support my HC speak' done so often by GMs or have you changed your position on when Jank leaves?
SoCal_Pony

Postby skyscraper » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Great question.
I'm still trying to figure out that halftime endorsement.
Was it real? Or is it the endorsement you get right before you're shoved in front of the moving train?
skyscraper

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
smusportspage wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:[quote="PonyTime"]I debated on weather or not to go to this game. No longer a season ticket holder.

202[/quote]
What row ? I had 2 in row 1 #1&2
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball