PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Isiah Jasey

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:03 pm

xc,

your logic skills have been proven over and over again to be faulty.

Semi played for a Duke team that won a National Championship. He was the freakin National Player of the Year. Yes, I am more than willing to take a flier on him :roll: :roll: :roll:

It is hardly a broad generalization to say you want your transfers to have performed at the schools they came from. That's nonsense.

Nic, Gu, Whitt, Tolbert, they all contributed at their former schools.

Just curious, how many players have transferred out of SMU over the past many years that didn't contribute here but did at the next school they went to???? Off the top of my head I can't think of any. But I sure do have a long list of those to left and went to obscurity.

I hope Jasey works out, but saying someone who has averaged 1 point a game over 2 years at a school is 'quality' or a 'good pickup' or a 'Christmas miracle'....way too early.

Completely agree with Jason on this.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5225
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby mustangxc » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Jasey is a big man and they generally take longer to develop. I'll take a flier on him. Sedrick Barefield was a leading scorer for the Utes.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:32 pm

By no means is this as sexy of a transfer grab and Semi, but he had plenty of HM interest on the transfer market.

He averaged 3.8PPG and 2.4RPG in 9MPG this season for A&M. Very solid in limited minutes. If you have ever seen his film he is an athletic shot blocker who has a low post offensive game. Kennedy at A&M raved about his defense.

Worst case this guy is a quality bench rotation guy who can give us 10-15MPG, rebound and block some shots, and push Chargois. Best case he is a developing big man that A&M was high on who can develop into a legit HM big man.

I will take a guy like this any day of the week. Would love to add another transfer after the season.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby JasonB » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:25 pm

The only reason we would have the space for two transfers is if Ray/Douglas are leaving/retiring. If that is the case, and this is a second transfer,, then thumbs up. If this is the only transfer we are going to be able to get, I'm not as big of a fan...
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby RI Stang » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:52 pm

JasonB wrote:The only reason we would have the space for two transfers is if Ray/Douglas are leaving/retiring. If that is the case, and this is a second transfer,, then thumbs up. If this is the only transfer we are going to be able to get, I'm not as big of a fan...


I can't imagine Douglas will be back unless he is letting the dream go of playing college ball and wants to stick around only for the degree. My guess is that he will want to play, and the staff will be more than happy to oblige and help find him a new home. If he can't get minutes over White, it's just not going to happen here...
RI Stang
All-American
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:01 am

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:04 pm

RI Stang wrote:
JasonB wrote:The only reason we would have the space for two transfers is if Ray/Douglas are leaving/retiring. If that is the case, and this is a second transfer,, then thumbs up. If this is the only transfer we are going to be able to get, I'm not as big of a fan...


I can't imagine Douglas will be back unless he is letting the dream go of playing college ball and wants to stick around only for the degree. My guess is that he will want to play, and the staff will be more than happy to oblige and help find him a new home. If he can't get minutes over White, it's just not going to happen here...


I think Douglas is gone after the season. Ray has a bit of a grace period if he can get healthy because Jasey isn't playing untl this time next year at the earliest. But unless Ray suddenly becomes the second coming of Jordan Tolbert I don’t see him lasting either. Mike, Hunt, Chaggy, Young and Jasey pretty much cove the 4/5.

Point guard please!,,,
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:01 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
RI Stang wrote:
JasonB wrote:The only reason we would have the space for two transfers is if Ray/Douglas are leaving/retiring. If that is the case, and this is a second transfer,, then thumbs up. If this is the only transfer we are going to be able to get, I'm not as big of a fan...


I can't imagine Douglas will be back unless he is letting the dream go of playing college ball and wants to stick around only for the degree. My guess is that he will want to play, and the staff will be more than happy to oblige and help find him a new home. If he can't get minutes over White, it's just not going to happen here...


I think Douglas is gone after the season. Ray has a bit of a grace period if he can get healthy because Jasey isn't playing untl this time next year at the earliest. But unless Ray suddenly becomes the second coming of Jordan Tolbert I don’t see him lasting either. Mike, Hunt, Chaggy, Young and Jasey pretty much cove the 4/5.

Point guard please!,,,


Yep. I would be shocked if Douglas is back. Just can’t see us keeping him or him wanting to just sit on the bench for next 2 years. It is sad because he has talent but the light bulb just isn’t going off for him and game is still to fast.

Honestly if Ray isn’t healthy or close to healthy by May you might see them have the medical retire or transfer talk. By then it will have been 16 months.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:49 am

As far as recruiting goes SMU would be number 2 in the MVC. Does that count?
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 12443
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby lwjr » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Image
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 8125
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Midland, Texas

Re: Isiah Jasey

Postby ponyboy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:24 pm

hosers
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 12073
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: University Park,TX US

Previous

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EastStang, geezerdonk, Google Adsense [Bot], LA_Mustang, smitty329, Terry Webster and 14 guests