PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jimmy Whitt

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:21 pm

smupony94 wrote:Image


Can we put him coming back to rest now?
https://youtu.be/f3y8jf01UY8
User avatar
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9267
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby Junior » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:56 am

He gone, yo
Derail the Frogs!
User avatar
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby mustangxc » Sun May 26, 2019 6:27 pm

User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5515
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby The Falcon » Mon May 27, 2019 12:18 am

This is already shaping up to be a good basketball team for next year, but if
Jimmy comes back at point guard, this could be a very good team. I'm looking
forward to supporting the team next year. We are building some depth for a change,
and Jimmy would only add to that depth.
The Falcon
All-American
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:03 pm
Location: Plano, Texas

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby mustangxc » Mon May 27, 2019 8:31 am

I think we are an NCAA tournament team with Whitt. Our rotation would be 8 deep of quality players ready to contribute.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5515
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon May 27, 2019 11:25 am

Whitt: A shot at the a top 4 AAC seed in Fort Worth and a possible NCAA bid.

Whittout: Just a middling AAC team.

Whitt him leadership component alone would be extremely helpful....Whittout him there is no clear leader.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon May 27, 2019 12:10 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:Whitt: A shot at the a top 4 AAC seed in Fort Worth and a possible NCAA bid.

Whittout: Just a middling AAC team.

Whitt him leadership component alone would be extremely helpful....Whittout him there is no clear leader.
Have you been drinking with Mr. Mark?
User avatar
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9267
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby Casey » Mon May 27, 2019 1:04 pm

The Falcon wrote:This is already shaping up to be a good basketball team for next year, but if
Jimmy comes back at point guard, this could be a very good team. I'm looking
forward to supporting the team next year. We are building some depth for a change,
and Jimmy would only add to that depth.

We are building depth, which many of us (including me) didn't see coming a few months ago. My only argument would be that Whitt wouldn't add to the depth. He'd lead it. I assume it's still a longshot that he comes back, but would love to see it happen.
Is there still room for him on the roster if he decides he wants to come back?
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
User avatar
Casey
All-American
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 3:01 am
Location: Tyler

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon May 27, 2019 1:47 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:Whitt: A shot at the a top 4 AAC seed in Fort Worth and a possible NCAA bid.

Whittout: Just a middling AAC team.

Whitt him leadership component alone would be extremely helpful....Whittout him there is no clear leader.
Have you been drinking with Mr. Mark?


No.

Senior Azul.

Memorial Day weekend is all about the dead soldiers.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Casey wrote:
The Falcon wrote:This is already shaping up to be a good basketball team for next year, but if
Jimmy comes back at point guard, this could be a very good team. I'm looking
forward to supporting the team next year. We are building some depth for a change,
and Jimmy would only add to that depth.

We are building depth, which many of us (including me) didn't see coming a few months ago. My only argument would be that Whitt wouldn't add to the depth. He'd lead it. I assume it's still a longshot that he comes back, but would love to see it happen.
Is there still room for him on the roster if he decides he wants to come back?



That would be the best part: some dead wood would have to be cut loose and we’d get a “do-over” on that blown scholarship in the 2020 cycle.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby horsemanx » Mon May 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Casey wrote:My only argument would be that Whitt wouldn't add to the depth. He'd lead it. I assume it's still a longshot that he comes back, but would love to see it happen.

Yeah Whitt ain't no hollaback player if somehow he is back he plays and others are the depth.
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
User avatar
horsemanx
Varsity
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 am

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby mustangxc » Mon May 27, 2019 3:25 pm

User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5515
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon May 27, 2019 3:58 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:Whitt: A shot at the a top 4 AAC seed in Fort Worth and a possible NCAA bid.

Whittout: Just a middling AAC team.

Whitt him leadership component alone would be extremely helpful....Whittout him there is no clear leader.
Have you been drinking with Mr. Mark?


No.

Senior Azul.

Memorial Day weekend is all about the dead soldiers.
I know his cousins Jaliscan & Agave
User avatar
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9267
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon May 27, 2019 4:05 pm

mustangxc wrote:Now he is gone. Oh well.

https://twitter.com/JimmyWhitt33/status ... 7683162113



So next season we can have a Whitt Out.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Re: Jimmy Whitt

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon May 27, 2019 9:09 pm

As well as Whitt played last year and how much he improved as a PG, I just hope with his leaving we will have a PG come in behind him who can shoot threes and FTs down the stretch. I think Jimmy left with the record for best single season assist to turnover ratio which is how I will remember him.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 19736
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests