PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kaden Archie

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kaden Archie

Postby Terry Webster » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Leaving tcu...any chance he comes back to his first commit?
Last edited by Terry Webster on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Terry Webster
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2960
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:01 am
Location: Fort Thomas, KY

Re: Karen Archie

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:24 pm

Kaden might be a nice replacement for Jarrey but would have to sit out a year
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 18779
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Karen Archie

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Wonder why he’s leaving...
#MoodySadness #SaveMoody #FireJank
SMU_Alum11
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: Karen Archie

Postby Stallion » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:41 pm

I didn't even know Karen Archie went to TCU. How she looking these days?

In before mrydel
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 44132
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 4:01 am
Location: Dallas,Texas,USA

Re: Karen Archie

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Archie did not get along with Hunt very well. That’s why Hunt decommitted from TCU when Archie comiitted. Probably not the best idea for him to come here imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 12478
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Karen Archie

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:19 am

Rebel10 wrote:Archie did not get along with Hunt very well. That’s why Hunt decommitted from TCU when Archie comiitted. Probably not the best idea for him to come here imo.



Interesting news but doubtful he becomes a teammate to Hunt. Kids do grow up though. That would be a great story and actually a TWO feathers in Jank’s cap: recruiting locally and making team chemistry in a challenging situation.

Edited to add: Dixon can have Douglas.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Re: Karen Archie

Postby PonySnob » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:16 am

Image
Peruna is my mascot!
User avatar
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Karen Archie

Postby Paladin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:24 am

PonySnob wrote:Image



Someone translate, please.
User avatar
Paladin
All-American
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:57 pm
Location: Grapevine, TX

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby Shetland » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:56 am

I don't sign this kid without Hunts blessing.
Shetland
Recruit
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby smupony94 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Shetland wrote:I don't sign this kid without Hunts blessing.


And Jank to actually call him
User avatar
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 25522
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:34 am
Location: Bee Cave, Texas

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Side note alert.

Reading this reminds me that my son played against both Kaden and Feron while playing AAU ball. They play the same positions, so he had to guard them both and vice-versa. Having seen them both play 1 game only, Feron was the more effective of the two. I didn't realize those 2 had a history.

Cannen Cunningham (works for Tulane now) was an assistant coach for Archie's team at the time.
User avatar
ponywhupp9202
Varsity
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Flower Mound, TX

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:31 pm

ponywhupp9202 wrote:Side note alert.

Reading this reminds me that my son played against both Kaden and Feron while playing AAU ball. They play the same positions, so he had to guard them both and vice-versa. Having seen them both play 1 game only, Feron was the more effective of the two. I didn't realize those 2 had a history.

Cannen Cunningham (works for Tulane now) was an assistant coach for Archie's team at the time.

I wish Cannen would send Cade our way.....
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15328
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:34 pm

smupony94 wrote:
Shetland wrote:I don't sign this kid without Hunts blessing.


And Jank to actually call him

I am sure he has interacted with him on social media as much as he can within the rules.
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15110
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:03 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
ponywhupp9202 wrote:Side note alert.

Reading this reminds me that my son played against both Kaden and Feron while playing AAU ball. They play the same positions, so he had to guard them both and vice-versa. Having seen them both play 1 game only, Feron was the more effective of the two. I didn't realize those 2 had a history.

Cannen Cunningham (works for Tulane now) was an assistant coach for Archie's team at the time.

I wish Cannen would send Cade our way.....


Yes, that would be nice. I actually got confused about Cannen. He was the assistant coach on the team (Texas Titans I think) that Cade played on, not Kaden. Best AAU team I ever saw in person. They were a 15U team playing up in a 17U tournament and ran everyone out of the building. Cade wasn't even the best player on that team. Even though my son's team lost by 20, he blocked Cade on a lay up/attempted dunk, so that was his defensive highlight of the game. :)
User avatar
ponywhupp9202
Varsity
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:40 am
Location: Flower Mound, TX

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby papawasamustang » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:43 pm

I’d rather have Gerald Liddell who’s @ UT right now. Better all around player than Archie. SMU will be his top choice when he leaves. A lot of competition for him, but it should be a layup for Jank, this is where he wants to be.
Don’t get me wrong, it would be great to have both, 2 huge upgrades in talent. Archie would be a nice fit for SMU, but needs to upgrade his outside shot.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:57 pm

Next

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests