PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kaden Archie

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby RI Stang » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 am

JasonB wrote:My point is this - any narrative that he turned down 3 impact transfers is false. Top players aren't going to come to an SMU and sit on the bench. They come in when there is a clear path to the starting lineup. I don't know what is being reported elsewhere, but if you think these guys are going to transfer so they can sit on the bench again, you are crazy.

Sorry, but this is wrong.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby PonyKai » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:13 am

JasonB wrote:My point is this - any narrative that he turned down 3 impact transfers is false. Top players aren't going to come to an SMU and sit on the bench. They come in when there is a clear path to the starting lineup. I don't know what is being reported elsewhere, but if you think these guys are going to transfer so they can sit on the bench again, you are crazy. It isn't like they are super 5 star athletes like Semi that are no-brainer starters at any program in the country except Duke.

Sorry, but this is absolutely, factually, completely, entirely, 110% wrong. It's just not true whatsoever.
PonyKai
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:02 pm

PonyKai wrote:
JasonB wrote:My point is this - any narrative that he turned down 3 impact transfers is false. Top players aren't going to come to an SMU and sit on the bench. They come in when there is a clear path to the starting lineup. I don't know what is being reported elsewhere, but if you think these guys are going to transfer so they can sit on the bench again, you are crazy. It isn't like they are super 5 star athletes like Semi that are no-brainer starters at any program in the country except Duke.

Sorry, but this is absolutely, factually, completely, entirely, 110% wrong. It's just not true whatsoever.

Why do you say that is wrong? You are saying that these guys are willing to come in and be in the same position that they are transferring away from - coming off the bench without a guaranteed starting spot? I find that hard to believe... especially when our coach is stating that he wants to stick with a 7 or 8 player rotation at most.
JasonB

Postby RI Stang » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm

JasonB, it's a FACT - both wanted to come here and Jank said no. Kaden was willing to pay his own way for the Spring. Jank said no. It's a fact. Sorry.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:06 pm

At this point it is bigger than Archie. No need in arguing about that.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby RI Stang » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Nothing to argue - all facts. There is zero reason at this point to keep the guy. He clearly quit on his team today (watch him on the bench in the 2nd half, didn't even bother to stand up most of the time); he has a litany of excuses in every press conference; he doesn't engage the fans, alumni or community AT ALL; and worst of all he won't recruit guys ranked higher than 400.

Maybe he's trying to get fired?
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Pony81 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Jank said no to Archie because Hunt doesn’t like him... showing Hunt respect and consideration for coming to SMU when Archie went to the frogs
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Pony81 wrote:Jank said no to Archie because Hunt doesn’t like him... showing Hunt respect and consideration for coming to SMU when Archie went to the frogs

That is not true.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Pony81 wrote:Jank said no to Archie because Hunt doesn’t like him... showing Hunt respect and consideration for coming to SMU when Archie went to the frogs

247 doing 7 day free passes

Go depress yourself with the status of our program
smupony94

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm

smupony94 wrote:

247 doing 7 day free passes

Go depress yourself with the status of our program

Perfect timing!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby RI Stang » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:23 pm

100% incorrect
RI Stang
All-American

Postby The Falcon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

RI Stang wrote:JasonB, it's a FACT - both wanted to come here and Jank said no. Kaden was willing to pay his own way for the Spring. Jank said no. It's a fact. Sorry.

RI - Not disputing what you said, but do you have any facts to back up your - "It's a fact."

1) How do you know they wanted to come here? I have heard that Kaden's mother wanted him
to come to SMU but I've never heard him say that.

2) How do you know that Jank said "No" to their interest in our program.

3) As I have posted before- I know that in his initial recruitment that Liddell was interested in
SMU but then he went to Texas. As far as I know he is still at Texas and I haven't seen any
statements that say he is interested in transferring to SMU. Have you seen or heard any
statement to that effect?

I can appreciate what JasonB has said before - that neither of them would want to come to
SMU to sit on the bench because that is why they are wanting to leave their current schools.
I think they want to be promised that they can start at SMU. I don't know what Jank's position on this might be, but we certainly could use an upgrade.

At this point, you would think we would take either one if they had an interest or both if they
wanted to come.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

My god if we had Likekele in our backcourt.......it depresses me watching Okie St. play
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:34 pm

@The Falcon It's been published elsewhere (94 gave a hint). And there are other sources.
RGV Pony

Postby RI Stang » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:37 pm

The Falcon wrote:At this point, you would think we would take either one if they had an interest or both if they
wanted to come.

Yes, yes you would
RI Stang
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball