PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kaden Archie

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Kaden Archie

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Sounds like I might need to start clearing my calendar for March and early April 2020! Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyKai » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:49 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Looking forward to the day when Jank gets to coach a team with no sanctions and a full roster. Enough said.

And that roster will be full of SWAC and Sun Belt level players.
PonyKai

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 pm

PonyKai wrote:
Wild Mustang wrote:Looking forward to the day when Jank gets to coach a team with no sanctions and a full roster. Enough said.

And that roster will be full of SWAC and Sun Belt level players.

That’s fine. Since Jank has 100% control over the schedule (why did Rick allow that?) we will be playing their level
smupony94

Postby Wild Mustang » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 am

Back to the original topic of conversation. Is Kaden Archie transferring to SMU? When do we expect a decision?
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:16 am

In the next couple of days. So he can enroll for the spring semester.
mustangxc

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

I hope Jank's not slow-playing him for Liddell. You find a way to get both if you can.
They are so much better than what Jank has recruited recently from the high school ranks (excepting Hunt)

If anybody has a problem with competition for a spot....let them go. That includes the two mentioned above.
But the vision of Mike, Hunt, Young, Chaggy, Jasey, Archie and/or Liddell going at it every day in practice?

Yes please.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby RI Stang » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:10 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:I hope Jank's not slow-playing him for Liddell. You find a way to get both if you can.
They are so much better than what Jank has recruited recently from the high school ranks (excepting Hunt)

If anybody has a problem with competition for a spot....let them go. That includes the two mentioned above.
But the vision of Mike, Hunt, Young, Chaggy, Jasey, Archie and/or Liddell going at it every day in practice?

Yes please.

Seems so obvious to everyone but the one who matters...
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Stallion » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm sure if SMU was willing to extend his contract, he'd be willing to waste 3 scholarships for next year for kids who would be sitting on the bench next to him. Not many Head Coaches would take that hit otherwise.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby mustangxc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm

That is on the AD. That’s why along with the re-seat Hart has to go even more so than Jankovich.
mustangxc

Postby Stallion » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 pm

You want to explain how the recruitment of Archie is on Rick Hart. Basically, by taking 3 transfers we're extending our on court probation to a 4th year and 12 lost scholarships. I'm actually fine with SMU doing that but I can't imagine many head coaches who would be willing to do that without some assurances
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:32 pm

Stallion wrote:You want to explain how the recruitment of Archie is on Rick Hart. Basically, by taking 3 transfers we're extending our on court probation to a 4th year and 12 lost scholarships. I'm actually fine with SMU doing that but I can't imagine many head coaches who would be willing to do that without some assurances

Depends on whether some of those guys, if they mid-year transfer, would want to play just the AAC schedule next season. Remember that Semi could have done that as a mid-year transfer but they held him back. Who knows what the plan would be with more than one mid-year transfer?
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Stallion wrote:You want to explain how the recruitment of Archie is on Rick Hart. Basically, by taking 3 transfers we're extending our on court probation to a 4th year and 12 lost scholarships. I'm actually fine with SMU doing that but I can't imagine many head coaches who would be willing to do that without some assurances

The AD could provide those assurances.
mustangxc

Postby JasonB » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:54 am

RI Stang wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:I hope Jank's not slow-playing him for Liddell. You find a way to get both if you can.

Yes please.

Seems so obvious to everyone but the one who matters...

Yes, it is probably obvious to Liddell and/or Archie that they don't want to come to SMU and potentially come off the bench.

We all want to be Duke, but until we get there we are probably going to have, for each position set, a group of strong starters, some players being groomed for success, and a transfer waiting in the wings. Not three transfers at the same position group.

We need a stud guard. The vision of all of those guys going at each other in practice is never going to happen. And, frankly, it doesn't matter unless we add another really good guard to the mix.
JasonB

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:51 am

No question that a stud guard is essential and should be our number one priority. Anybody been watching how LaQuincy Rideau has been driving USF? If not, get ready to be seriously impressed.

As for the Archie, Liddel thing.... I really doubt my scenario above happens. In fact, given our need for immediate help and Jank’s Rastafarian recruiting methods, we might not get either one of those two.

Regarding next year:

1) Is Bandounel good to play in the fall or does he have to sit until end of first semester?
2) what eventually happens with Bryce Cook?
3) And, of course, what happens with Douglas and Ray?
4) Suprises.... does McMurray get another year? Does someone other than Dougie or Ray transfer out?

and the big one: Does Jank keep his job?

I’m thinking .500 and a strong recruiting finish saves him as does a better record, a decent AAC tourney showing and a short NIT run with no additional remarkable recruiting signings.

But Big Brother (Rob Evans) is watching. I think this changes the whole dynamic.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mustangxc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:25 am

Rob Evans would probably be a downgrade.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball