PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Jason B, there is no reason to allocate scholarship spots for lower level athletes. I think the recruiting philosophy should be to allocate by class year/eligibility. Take X amount of HS prospects and X amount of transfers that are sitting out and X amount of Graduate transfers/jucos that can play immediately. I would much rather take a 4 or 5 star that has to sit out a year than a DITR recruit that will almost always not contribute at all for at least a year. If you are comparing an Everett Ray HS to Everett Ray transfer, then of course you take him out of HS because there is more upside potential the younger they are. However, we should not plan to take those types of kids simply to fill out our roster. The only reason you take lower level prospects is because you think there has been a misevaluation and see that DITR as a potential star or because you messed up and it is a position of dire need. BTW Chargois is not a DITR, he is actually one of our higher rated recruits under Jankovich, which is the biggest problem.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Well said PonyTime. I completely agree with you. I wish that the SMU Admin and the other powers that be would have lawyered up and stood up for our program. What Noth Carolina, Louisville, Arizona, USC, and other schools have gotten away with is beyond ridiculous. My heart still goes out to Nov Moore and company for missing the NCAA Tournament his Senior year.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:38 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Reality is Jank can’t recruit. Sanctions doesn’t change the level recruit you will with the available slot. Recruits don’t give an F about sanctions especially from some weird morality stand point. Jank hasn’t brought anyone good except Nic Moore. Please for love of God do not say he brought Hunt because he didn’t. He lost Archie and Hunt didn’t want to be on the same team so left for us.

Secondly, coaches make their mark in-game via timeouts and half time adjustments. Nothing changes during these potential adjustments because he doesn’t know how to draw up a scheme to counter the opponents plan like LB did.

These two big if not most important things are why people have #FireJank. I can’t speak to LA but I’m think when he says Jank is trashing the program; it’s through actions not words.

It is actions and words. There probably isn’t a college in the nation more associated with athletic cheating than SMU. So when your HC brings up sanctions/probation every time he speaks in a public forum how does that help? IMO that is trashing the program, and the school. And his only motivation is to save face.

As for Wild Mustang, I don’t know him/her and I have no interest in arguing with someone that uninformed as to what is really going on with the program. I’m no insider and I’ve never worked in the industry. I love basketball and i have watched it my entire life. Currently. I watch or attend every SMU basketball game, I have a subscription to 247 and I have a couple of contacts around the program. Those are the sources to my knowledge on the program.

The restriction of scholarships during Jank’s tenure has not forced him to turn away one difference making recruit. Anyone with $10 a month to spend knows this information. This was highlighted last cycle when Jank handed out the last two scholarships to a guy whose only other option was prep school and a recruit who was originally taken as a walk-on. You can’t say you’re being held back by limited scholarships when you give out the ones you have in this manner. Wild Mustang, I’m asking you to please give us the name of one recruit Jank had to turn away because he didn’t have a scholarship to give? You’re so adamant that this has limited Jank so you must have examples, right?

While recruiting is Jank’s biggest failure it is far from his only one as HC. We could dive further into other issues like his in game coaching, player development (Chaggy & Hunt), lack of public promotion of the program/school (no social media & no talk of the future), a steady decline in attendance (yes that is on the coach) and a near complete destruction of the family culture within the program that was created by LB. BTW, check Jank’s other HC stops and see if these same issues occurred. As I wait for your response with an example of a recruit we had to turn away because we didn’t have a spot, I’ll try to take a step back and accept reality.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
User avatar
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15355
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Not sure that I understand your point, nor do I want to argue with you. Not once have I said that Jank has turned away a recruit. That is not even the topic of conversation. I guess we can move on and talk about another topic. Have a good Friday fellow Mustang. Pony up! Beat Memphis!
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby CA Mustang » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:57 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Well said PonyTime. I completely agree with you. I wish that the SMU Admin and the other powers that be would have lawyered up and stood up for our program. What Noth Carolina, Louisville, Arizona, USC, and other schools have gotten away with is beyond ridiculous.

You can remove USC from that list. Many USC alums and fans are still mad Haden didn't sue the NCAA over the heavy penalties from the Bush situation.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2092
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:01 am
Location: Spring, TX

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Not sure that I understand your point, nor do I want to argue with you. Not once have I said that Jank has turned away a recruit. That is not even the topic of conversation. I guess we can move on and talk about another topic. Have a good Friday fellow Mustang. Pony up! Beat Memphis!

You don’t understand my point?? YOU called me out so I respond with a few facts and a few opinions. Maybe I’m wrong but there was nothing confusing in my post. What don’t you understand? You plainly said sanctions, which were the reduction of scholarship, have prohibited Jank from doing his job. So I asked you to give one example where the lack of a scholarship kept Jank from getting a player he really wanted. Nothing tricky about that. Just give us one example.it is what your whole argument is based on.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
User avatar
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15355
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby JasonB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:17 pm

mustangxc wrote:Jason B, there is no reason to allocate scholarship spots for lower level athletes. I think the recruiting philosophy should be to allocate by class year/eligibility. Take X amount of HS prospects and X amount of transfers that are sitting out and X amount of Graduate transfers/jucos that can play immediately. I would much rather take a 4 or 5 star that has to sit out a year than a DITR recruit that will almost always not contribute at all for at least a year. If you are comparing an Everett Ray HS to Everett Ray transfer, then of course you take him out of HS because there is more upside potential the younger they are. However, we should not plan to take those types of kids simply to fill out our roster. The only reason you take lower level prospects is because you think there has been a misevaluation and see that DITR as a potential star or because you messed up and it is a position of dire need. BTW Chargois is not a DITR, he is actually one of our higher rated recruits under Jankovich, which is the biggest problem.


Chargios should be viewed as a DITR. In college, anyone who isn't a 4 star or a 3 star with multiple high tier offers is a DITR. Chargois may have been a solid 3 star. but he doesn't fit the upper level recruit category. That is why he falls in that DITR bucket.

Look realistically at being a high-level program in the AAC. The super high level 5-star isn't coming here out of HS, because they all think they are 1 and done at the upper tier college. Now, if any of those guys want to transfer in, regardless of numbers, you let them in. Period. No argument there. That is the Semi's of the world. But none of the current batch of inquiries are on that level.

Next up is the high-end 3 star player or the 4 star player. These are your Brown, Moore, Shake, Whitt, Foster, Hunt players. More often than not, those players aren't going to be all-conference their freshman year. But they are absolutely expected to contribute immediately, most likely off the bench. The reality of the situation is that those guys come to SMU expecting to play. Maybe they are behind an experienced player year one. But they expect to play year 2, 3, and 4. As a transfer, they expect to sit out for transfer rules and then play immediately. Because of that reality, you aren't going to get a full roster stacked with high end 3 and 4 star players on a 13 player roster. It just isn't going to happen. Period. You get a minimum of one of these guys out of high school every year, hopefully a second guy out of high school at this level every year, and then you have one transfer at this level every year. Someone leaves to the NBA early, or someone transfers, and you have 8 of these guys on your roster at all times. Right now, we have Foster, Hunt, Whitt, ,McMurray, Mike at this level. Mike and McMurray are on the list because they were both highly regarded as transfers because of their Frosh performance even though they weren't huge coming out of HS. We are three players short, and those players are Froling, Douglas, and Sed. Sure, you are going to have casualties, but when you are short scholarships, you absolutely can't afford to miss because there is no room to play catchup. This is the area that you can blame Jank on quite fairly. In fact, I think you can also place some blame on him for not convincing Semi and Shake to stay another year and improve their draft position. Those are all fair points to make.

But expecting the entire roster to be full of high end three and four star players is a joke. That isn't fair, because it is never going to happen. What do you think "Jank wasn't interested" means? Do you really think Jank said "No, we loved you coming out of high school, but we don't want you at all now, because I want more DITR"? Or do you think Jank pulled a Chad Morris and said "You rejected us the first time, we don't give players a second chance" OR do you think it is a hell of a lot more likely that the recruit said "Hey, I am interested to come to SMU but I want to start. Can you guarantee me a starting position?" And Jank said, "Hey, would love to have you, but I can't make that guarantee because we already have Mike, Hunt, and Chargois. You would have to come in and fight for a starting spot." And then the recruit's family goes and tells people that Jank doesn't want them.

I'm guessing that the bit at the end is in reality what is going on. These players want a guarantee to start. And if they were a guard, they would have that guarantee. Even if they were a strong shooting wing, they would have that guarantee. Other than that, they are pretty much in the same spot here as they would be at UT or TCU, fighting for a spot. And they aren't going to be interested in coming to SMU, as much as I love our school and program.

Judge Jank on the stuff that matters - our record/performance/style of play, Losing Semi and Shake early to the draft, missing on Froling and Douglas and chasing off Sed, not having another stud guard in the upcoming recruiting class. The other crap is just a bunch of hearsay and doesn't matter.

As a side point on style of play - I loved watching LB and the fundamentals. But please realize that not shooting threes and the slow pace of play both raised our floor and lowered our ceiling. I think our offense looks ugly at times when we don't run sets in the half court, but we have other problems outside of how many threes we shoot. Like not having a true big, which again comes back to the Froling miss.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby skyscraper » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Anyone still defending Jank and the way he has run this program is an idiot and willfully uninformed.
Image
User avatar
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:46 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby JasonB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:45 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Reality is Jank can’t recruit. Sanctions doesn’t change the level recruit you will with the available slot. Recruits don’t give an F about sanctions especially from some weird morality stand point. Jank hasn’t brought anyone good except Nic Moore. Please for love of God do not say he brought Hunt because he didn’t. He lost Archie and Hunt didn’t want to be on the same team so left for us.

Secondly, coaches make their mark in-game via timeouts and half time adjustments. Nothing changes during these potential adjustments because he doesn’t know how to draw up a scheme to counter the opponents plan like LB did.

These two big if not most important things are why people have #FireJank. I can’t speak to LA but I’m think when he says Jank is trashing the program; it’s through actions not words.

It is actions and words. There probably isn’t a college in the nation more associated with athletic cheating than SMU. So when your HC brings up sanctions/probation every time he speaks in a public forum how does that help? IMO that is trashing the program, and the school. And his only motivation is to save face.

As for Wild Mustang, I don’t know him/her and I have no interest in arguing with someone that uninformed as to what is really going on with the program. I’m no insider and I’ve never worked in the industry. I love basketball and i have watched it my entire life. Currently. I watch or attend every SMU basketball game, I have a subscription to 247 and I have a couple of contacts around the program. Those are the sources to my knowledge on the program.

The restriction of scholarships during Jank’s tenure has not forced him to turn away one difference making recruit. Anyone with $10 a month to spend knows this information. This was highlighted last cycle when Jank handed out the last two scholarships to a guy whose only other option was prep school and a recruit who was originally taken as a walk-on. You can’t say you’re being held back by limited scholarships when you give out the ones you have in this manner. Wild Mustang, I’m asking you to please give us the name of one recruit Jank had to turn away because he didn’t have a scholarship to give? You’re so adamant that this has limited Jank so you must have examples, right?

While recruiting is Jank’s biggest failure it is far from his only one as HC. We could dive further into other issues like his in game coaching, player development (Chaggy & Hunt), lack of public promotion of the program/school (no social media & no talk of the future), a steady decline in attendance (yes that is on the coach) and a near complete destruction of the family culture within the program that was created by LB. BTW, check Jank’s other HC stops and see if these same issues occurred. As I wait for your response with an example of a recruit we had to turn away because we didn’t have a spot, I’ll try to take a step back and accept reality.


I agree with you on the responsibility of pumping up the base. Larry went and worked the students and alumni really hard and sold all of us on SMU and where we were going. Jank doesn't have that in him, and that is part of the responsibility of being the head coach at a top institution.

One tangible point about the coaching... when Larry was here, every time we called a timeout and set up a play, we executed it well and created an open look. The vast majority of the time, we scored. That percentage dropped noticeably when Jank took over.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Hopefully when the cloud has been lifted over our SMU Basketball Program next season we can start to land some more prolific recruits.

Funny thing is, I was thinking back to when LB was recruiting and signing High School recruits... LB did not sign a number of 4 or 5 star recruits out of High School. Credit LB and staff for signing really good hs basketball players: Sterling, Ben Moore, and Shake Milton. If memory serves LB built our program with about an equal number of transfers Emelegu, Justin Tolbert, Semi, and oh ya, probably best ever player and transfer... Nic Moore. LB built our program on a good combination of good hs recruits and experienced transfers. I am pretty sure that LB missed on a few hs recruits. The timing of LB's exit did not exactly help with recruiting. If we are being honest here, LB left the program before the start of Harry Frolling and Tom Wilson's Freshman Season and my guess is that LB probably had a role in bringing both to SMU. Both were big misses. Jank has definitely had his share of misses. William Douglas was a well regarded recruit with big expectations. From everything I was hearing people might have been thinking that William Douglas could be our next Shake Milton. Not so much. Unfortunately WD is not a college player. Transfers Isiah Mike and Nat Dixon are not Ben Emelegu and Semi quality. Far from it. Jank did a good job of landing Feron Hunt. My hope is that Jamar Young can turn into a player given time. I am sure that I am forgetting players from LB's Era and Jank's Era. I do not remember LB having to deal with any significant player injuries. Jank has had to deal with his fair share. LB did not have to coach under sanctions. My point is that we were spoiled during the LB Era. My point is that anyone tring to compare recruiting, transfers, success, coaching are not comparing apples to apples. Most coaches including LB would have left the program when any NCAA sanctions were imposed. That is exactly what LB did. LB left SMU. Jank stayed. Support our coach. Jank stepped up. Yes Jank was Associate Coach. I am sure Jank could have gone elsewhere. Recognize that he stayed. Support our team! Support our coach!
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Hopefully when the cloud has been lifted over our SMU Basketball Program next season we can start to land some more prolific recruits.

Funny thing is, I was thinking back to when LB was recruiting and signing High School recruits... LB did not sign a number of 4 or 5 star recruits out of High School. Credit LB and staff for signing really good hs basketball players: Sterling, Ben Moore, and Shake Milton. If memory serves LB built our program with about an equal number of transfers Emelegu, Justin Tolbert, Semi, and oh ya, probably best ever player and transfer... Nic Moore. LB built our program on a good combination of good hs recruits and experienced transfers. I am pretty sure that LB missed on a few hs recruits. The timing of LB's exit did not exactly help with recruiting. If we are being honest here, LB left the program before the start of Harry Frolling and Tom Wilson's Freshman Season and my guess is that LB probably had a role in bringing both to SMU. Both were big misses. Jank has definitely had his share of misses. William Douglas was a well regarded recruit with big expectations. From everything I was hearing people might have been thinking that William Douglas could be our next Shake Milton. Not so much. Unfortunately WD is not a college player. Transfers Isiah Mike and Nat Dixon are not Ben Emelegu and Semi quality. Far from it. Jank did a good job of landing Feron Hunt. My hope is that Jamar Young can turn into a player given time. I am sure that I am forgetting players from LB's Era and Jank's Era. I do not remember LB having to deal with any significant player injuries. Jank has had to deal with his fair share. LB did not have to coach under sanctions. My point is that we were spoiled during the LB Era. My point is that anyone tring to compare recruiting, transfers, success, coaching are not comparing apples to apples. Most coaches including LB would have left the program when any NCAA sanctions were imposed. That is exactly what LB did. LB left SMU. Jank stayed. Support our coach. Jank stepped up. Yes Jank was Associate Coach. I am sure Jank could have gone elsewhere. Recognize that he stayed. Support our team! Support our coach!

Since you won’t answer my first question, you must agree that losing a couple of scholarships each year did not affect Jank’s ability to land players. So I’ll ask you another question that you won’t answer - what is the cloud that hangs over the program? Please explain that to me because now I don’t know what you are talking about.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
User avatar
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15355
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Hopefully when the cloud has been lifted over our SMU Basketball Program next season we can start to land some more prolific recruits.

Funny thing is, I was thinking back to when LB was recruiting and signing High School recruits... LB did not sign a number of 4 or 5 star recruits out of High School. Credit LB and staff for signing really good hs basketball players: Sterling, Ben Moore, and Shake Milton. If memory serves LB built our program with about an equal number of transfers Emelegu, Justin Tolbert, Semi, and oh ya, probably best ever player and transfer... Nic Moore. LB built our program on a good combination of good hs recruits and experienced transfers. I am pretty sure that LB missed on a few hs recruits. The timing of LB's exit did not exactly help with recruiting. If we are being honest here, LB left the program before the start of Harry Frolling and Tom Wilson's Freshman Season and my guess is that LB probably had a role in bringing both to SMU. Both were big misses. Jank has definitely had his share of misses. William Douglas was a well regarded recruit with big expectations. From everything I was hearing people might have been thinking that William Douglas could be our next Shake Milton. Not so much. Unfortunately WD is not a college player. Transfers Isiah Mike and Nat Dixon are not Ben Emelegu and Semi quality. Far from it. Jank did a good job of landing Feron Hunt. My hope is that Jamar Young can turn into a player given time. I am sure that I am forgetting players from LB's Era and Jank's Era. I do not remember LB having to deal with any significant player injuries. Jank has had to deal with his fair share. LB did not have to coach under sanctions. My point is that we were spoiled during the LB Era. My point is that anyone tring to compare recruiting, transfers, success, coaching are not comparing apples to apples. Most coaches including LB would have left the program when any NCAA sanctions were imposed. That is exactly what LB did. LB left SMU. Jank stayed. Support our coach. Jank stepped up. Yes Jank was Associate Coach. I am sure Jank could have gone elsewhere. Recognize that he stayed. Support our team! Support our coach!


Sterling Brown, Shake Milton, and Keith Frazier were all top 150 players that Larry Brown signed directly out of HS. Markus Kennedy, Jimmy Whitt and Semi Ojeleye were top 150 transfers signed under Larry Brown. Yanick Moreira was the #1 Juco in the country and signed under Larry Brown. Looking at the roster and our recruiting going forward the only top 150 that we signed or that is looking to sign under Jankovich was Akoy Agau. Even Matt Doherty who had nowhere close to anything Jankovich has to sell recruits managed to sign Canen Cunningham directly out of HS and Shawn Williams and Nic Russell as transfers.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby smupony94 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:14 pm

mustangxc wrote:
Wild Mustang wrote:Hopefully when the cloud has been lifted over our SMU Basketball Program next season we can start to land some more prolific recruits.

Funny thing is, I was thinking back to when LB was recruiting and signing High School recruits... LB did not sign a number of 4 or 5 star recruits out of High School. Credit LB and staff for signing really good hs basketball players: Sterling, Ben Moore, and Shake Milton. If memory serves LB built our program with about an equal number of transfers Emelegu, Justin Tolbert, Semi, and oh ya, probably best ever player and transfer... Nic Moore. LB built our program on a good combination of good hs recruits and experienced transfers. I am pretty sure that LB missed on a few hs recruits. The timing of LB's exit did not exactly help with recruiting. If we are being honest here, LB left the program before the start of Harry Frolling and Tom Wilson's Freshman Season and my guess is that LB probably had a role in bringing both to SMU. Both were big misses. Jank has definitely had his share of misses. William Douglas was a well regarded recruit with big expectations. From everything I was hearing people might have been thinking that William Douglas could be our next Shake Milton. Not so much. Unfortunately WD is not a college player. Transfers Isiah Mike and Nat Dixon are not Ben Emelegu and Semi quality. Far from it. Jank did a good job of landing Feron Hunt. My hope is that Jamar Young can turn into a player given time. I am sure that I am forgetting players from LB's Era and Jank's Era. I do not remember LB having to deal with any significant player injuries. Jank has had to deal with his fair share. LB did not have to coach under sanctions. My point is that we were spoiled during the LB Era. My point is that anyone tring to compare recruiting, transfers, success, coaching are not comparing apples to apples. Most coaches including LB would have left the program when any NCAA sanctions were imposed. That is exactly what LB did. LB left SMU. Jank stayed. Support our coach. Jank stepped up. Yes Jank was Associate Coach. I am sure Jank could have gone elsewhere. Recognize that he stayed. Support our team! Support our coach!


Sterling Brown, Shake Milton, and Keith Frazier were all top 150 players that Larry Brown signed directly out of HS. Markus Kennedy, Jimmy Whitt and Semi Ojeleye were top 150 transfers signed under Larry Brown. Yanick Moreira was the #1 Juco in the country and signed under Larry Brown. Looking at the roster and our recruiting going forward the only top 150 that we signed or that is looking to sign under Jankovich was Akoy Agau. Even Matt Doherty who had nowhere close to anything Jankovich has to sell recruits managed to sign Canen Cunningham directly out of HS and Shawn Williams and Nic Russell as transfers.


Doh was a much better recruiter and evaluator

Wow that seems weird to say. Kind like having to admit June recruited better than Jank.
User avatar
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 25598
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:34 am
Location: Bee Cave, Texas

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:47 pm

JasonB wrote:Chargios should be viewed as a DITR. In college, anyone who isn't a 4 star or a 3 star with multiple high tier offers is a DITR. Chargois may have been a solid 3 star. but he doesn't fit the upper level recruit category. That is why he falls in that DITR bucket.


IMO, any player from the state of Oklahoma with both OU and OK St offers is not a DITR.

Now a 5’7” PG from the same state without either an OU or Ok St offer, now THAT is your DITR player.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Re: HART: Who REPLACES Jank? What about Steve Alford?

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:52 pm

skyscraper wrote:Anyone still defending Jank and the way he has run this program is an idiot and willfully uninformed.


Now wwwwaaaaaaiiiiiittttttt a second.

What exactly are you saying about Wild Bill and Ponyboy, or even Jason for that matter.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests