PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: SMU @ Memphis

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: SMU @ Memphis

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:46 pm

smupony94 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Pony81 wrote:Loss of this magnitude will mark the end of the Jank era

I doubt it. Jank and Hart are butt buddies with each other. .
that is not true

I sure hope you are right! My God how much do we have to take before something happens?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustang1992 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:59 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:I sure hope you are right! My God how much do we have to take before something happens?

Even the most superficial study of SMU athletics over the past 30 years shows that we are going to experience both this coach and mediocrity for several years before anything happens. There will be enough excuses and a win here and there to keep the delusional apologists happy.

Glad we had that re-seat to allow all those big time donors the ability to move to the front rows. Seems like those tickets are really in demand!

But hey, it's ok, we are only two recruiting classes away from a competitive program.
mustang1992
All-American

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 pm

mustang1992 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:I sure hope you are right! My God how much do we have to take before something happens?

Even the most superficial study of SMU athletics over the past 30 years shows that we are going to experience both this coach and mediocrity for several years before anything happens. There will be enough excuses and a win here and there to keep the delusional apologists happy.

Glad we had that re-seat to allow all those big time donors the ability to move to the front rows. Seems like those tickets are really in demand!

But hey, it's ok, we are only two recruiting classes away from a competitive program.

..... or total obscurity.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:40 pm

I guess it's on to baseball and track..... Uh.... Never mind. Spring training!
Bergermeister

Postby SMU-LSU Fan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 pm

What is so frustrating especially the last 2 games. Houston game--1st half #5 for Houston is red hot--COVER HIM--double team him--let anyone else beat you. Memphis game--same thing in 1st half--dude had 5or 6 3pointers---make an adjustment!!!!
I like Jank, but man this is really bad. We have had season tickets for 4 years, but this is truly brutal. I hate to say it, but it is time for a change NOW--WIthout having a healthy Foster--this will be a grind. Move on
SMU-LSU Fan

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Damn I wish we had a baseball program. I coach for free if it meant we could start a program! :) I would at least utilize social media unlike Tankovich.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:33 am

Baseball sucks and is a money drain
smupony94

Postby mtrout » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 am

Be proactive and replace equestrian with esports.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:15 am

What an awful game. When McMurray is off, he is such a negative out there. One of the most frustrating things for me is watching the physical nature of the program whittle away and disappear. I still don't think that Jank survives an 8-8 conference record, even if he somehow manages to get to that.
JasonB

Postby No Quarter » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:30 am

redpony wrote:The real issue is that RGT doesn't care. He doesn't want or support top level athletic programs. Nothing will happen to his lap dog - little ricky as he is just a 'yes' man. We really need to get a new AD as well as bball coaching staff. Question is - will Miller step up and demand changes be made??
I am curious how interested Miller was in trying to keep LB? Didn't seem like much.

I'm curious also but suspect that Mr. Miller keeps tighter reins on those who look after his interests than were put on LB when he came in and therefore suspect he was okay with whatever strictures the university would have added or was unwilling to put out more money or both when the contract was discussed.

That's not to say he's pleased with what he has seen in 2018-19.

As for myself, well there has already been a "Thank you for the memories" thread, and I am appreciative of both donor and coach.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:00 am

Glad I can't afford ESPNU
One Trick Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:00 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Glad I can't afford ESPNU

Pony up brother.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:05 am

Jank stays with an 8-8, and probably 7-9, conference record due to Foster’s absence.

How many sanctions are still left? Can’t the team field a 13 man roster?

Six played significant minutes and three played 4-9 minutes. Memphis had nine with 13 or more minutes.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyKai » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:10 am

tristatecoog wrote:Jank stays with an 8-8, and probably 7-9, conference record due to Foster’s absence.

How many sanctions are still left? Can’t the team field a 13 man roster?

Six played significant minutes and three played 4-9 minutes. Memphis had nine with 13 or more minutes.

As someone very wise in such things said on another soc. media platform, all of Jank's excuses have the subtext of truth. Yes, Foster was injured, and is now injured. Yes, Shake was injured for a portion (but not nearly as long as he sat out) of last year. But the simple fact is Jank knew about all these things, brought in no players capable of contributing right away, is worse than June in recruiting, whines about excuses he's known about or had within his control for years, schedules scared, doesn't promote the program, isn't a showman, doesn't *ever* talk about anything other than "aw, shucks, it's all so hard," and has personally overseen the decay of every aspect of the program that Larry Brown built and instilled.

I don't mean to make it seem as if I'm attacking what I think is your opinion (I don't think it's your opinion). Just that those that fund the program and run the program should see through the endless parade of excuses and whining and fire him. Because this isn't going to get better--it's going to get worse. Talent is and will continue to filter out of the program, and whatever talent is left sure doesn't look like it's being utilized properly or developer. Cut the cord and salvage whatever's left before it requires a total rebuild.
PonyKai

Postby friarwolf » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:16 am

Ummh Kai, I am with you brutha but it already is a total rebuild......
friarwolf
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball