PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official SMU vs USF game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official SMU vs USF game thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:56 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:
Arkpony wrote:You wonder what a good coach could do with this team. They play with energy and seem to have some talent.

I think I could make a more compelling argument that if LB was taking over this team, the only 3 players that would remain are Whitt, Hunt and Mike.

I think Chargois would stick, but would improve tremendously under Brown. This team still has a decent nucleus for the next couple of years.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:50 am

Moody Mausoleum - could we get the mini-Mustangs to sit in the former mob section? It is, essentially, empty.
Bergermeister

Postby BUS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:21 am

Good to see some OLD faithful mustangs return to the court. Those 10 dollar seats on the court from Stub Hub really bring out the fans. LOL OTP - Nice to see you in the house. Wish we had better coaching as the last games have shown we get out coached at the end. Foul or play man. Don't open up for a 3!?
Geeze.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby JasonB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:32 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Ok I’m sorry but we had like 3 games pretty close together where we are up by 1 or 2 and we let them get an open 3 to get the lead. My question is especially for today: why would you not foul the guy or play man and keep any 3 point shot from happening? If you foul, they have to make 2 baskets (easy to choke) and worst case tie the game. We would have 15 or so seconds and take a time out. All we would have to do is go for a high percentage 2 and maybe even get foul to win the game. I just hate especially how bad our defense is to let them to determine the game.

Yeah, that was a bad look. We had two fouls to give and they were deep on their right side of the court. Perfect opportunity to foul and give them an inbounds with 10 seconds left.
JasonB

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:12 am

Bergermeister wrote:Moody Mausoleum - could we get the mini-Mustangs to sit in the former mob section? It is, essentially, empty.

Announced attendance 5677. More and more no-shows as the season winds down.
Charleston Pony

Postby PonySnob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:16 am

Charleston Pony wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:Moody Mausoleum - could we get the mini-Mustangs to sit in the former mob section? It is, essentially, empty.

Announced attendance 5677. More and more no-shows as the season winds down.

Would guess it was closer to 3000 in attendance
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby PonyPower » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 am

I didn't agree with those who suggested Mike would be an all-AAC guy but he sure is better than I thought. Kudos to him. Jank keeps talking about how hard he works, and it's obviously paying off. With First gone, Mike, Chargois, Whitt and Hunt need to carry the team.
PonyPower
All-American

Postby skyscraper » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:09 pm

There might have been 2,000 actual people in the building last night. If you're feeling generous, 2,500. Basically the entire baseline sections of the blue seats were vacant and the courtside upper sections had empties everywhere.
skyscraper

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:40 pm

BUS wrote:Good to see some OLD faithful mustangs return to the court. Those 10 dollar seats on the court from Stub Hub really bring out the fans. LOL OTP - Nice to see you in the house. Wish we had better coaching as the last games have shown we get out coached at the end. Foul or play man. Don't open up for a 3!?
Geeze.
Good to see you too bus and everyone else I missed you guys .

The fan that stub hub's those first row seats in section 102 they really are fabulous seats as your feet can touch the floor so there's nothing in front of you. I also noticed that they put red cushions on every one of those red seats which makes them much more comfortable.

I moved over on the floor in some back row empty seats to talk to some of my buddies and got booted because someone wanted their seats the last 4 minutes of the game haha least they're doing a good job .
One Trick Pony

Postby geezerdonk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Hunt is developing into a real nice player. He could be a contributor on a good team. Let's hope he finds a top program to transfer to rather than staying at SMU and squandering his career and talent.
On the other hand, does Douglas watch film of the games? Doesn't he see that he is embarrassing himself?
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby Junior » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Anyone notice the two students in the student section behind the bench? Must be intimidating.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Previous

Return to Basketball