PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Silver Linings

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Silver Linings

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:30 pm

mustangxc wrote:
Stallion wrote:It is what it is-but not one of you can honestly deny that with one single healthy Jarrey Foster SMU probably would have won the last 3 straight huge wins and positioned itself pretty well for a good finish. With a healthy Jarrey SMU probably has 4-5 more wins this year-a conservative estimate. Its ludicrous but so much fun for some of you to pretend that it doesn't matter. Losing Jarrey and Shake last year and Jarrey returning at half his potential this year and then injured again in the last 2 years of the scholarship limitations has been a hard road. You guys make fun about people outside the program acknowledging the "excuses"-maybe the ones who have lost perspective are YOU

I am with you 100%, but who has he recruited to replace Shake and Jarrey? A healthy full roster next season is still worse than the team on the floor right now that is without Foster!

xc, you should know. how is the new Men's tennis coach doing?
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 pm

Still too early to tell on the men's tennis coach but we are 7-3 so far. I like the hire as he is from USC, which is a powerhouse in college tennis and we have similar institutions.
mustangxc

Postby RGV Pony » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 am

mustangxc wrote:Still too early to tell on the men's tennis coach but we are 7-3 so far. I like the hire as he is from USC, which is a powerhouse in college tennis and we have similar institutions.
Chen is a rock star. A five minute conversation with him, and youll think man, can this guy coach basketball?

His first move upon getting hired was to get on a plane to NY to reach out to an SMU legacy recruit. Landed him, engaged the parents again.

Gets it, high energy, has a vision.
RGV Pony

Postby PonyKai » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

RGV Pony wrote:
mustangxc wrote:Still too early to tell on the men's tennis coach but we are 7-3 so far. I like the hire as he is from USC, which is a powerhouse in college tennis and we have similar institutions.
Chen is a rock star. A five minute conversation with him, and youll think man, can this guy coach basketball?

His first move upon getting hired was to get on a plane to NY to reach out to an SMU legacy recruit. Landed him, engaged the parents again.

Gets it, high energy, has a vision.

Sounds like another good coaching hire.
PonyKai

Previous

Return to Basketball