PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UCF Game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: UCF Game

Postby skyscraper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Another loss, another step toward firing Jank.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Whitt and Mike were tough as usual (Mike with a double double), but Whitt has been playing 40 minutes lately and Mike went 39 minutes today. We did get 6 points and 26 minutes from C.J. White today which was actually a pleasant surprise.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:24 pm

skyscraper wrote:Another loss, another step toward firing Jank.

I actually thought he had a good game plan and made some good in game adjustments, but this loss was simply the result of a mis-match talent wise. We have become one of those teams that can beat better teams if we get hit from three, but that's about our only hope. I liked the way we moved the ball inside and out and got open looks, but 10-37 threes won't beat many teams.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Another loss today and this team will tie Tulsa and be in position for either the #9 or #10 seed for the AAC Tourney.

3 way tie with Tulsa and UConn as we battle to see who will be 8-9-10 seeds, assuming ECU doesn't find a couple of wins and catch us! Looks like home games vs UConn and Wichita State will be our only hopes for winning another game this season.
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:but when you live and die by the three and only make 10-37 (is that a record number of threes attempted?)

Ties the record. We were 16-37 against Cal-Riverside 11/20/2010 in a 73-69 OT loss. So 37 is the most in regulation. Ridiculous.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:but when you live and die by the three and only make 10-37 (is that a record number of threes attempted?)

Ties the record. We were 16-37 against Cal-Riverside 11/20/2010 in a 73-69 OT loss. So 37 is the most in regulation. Ridiculous.

Tacko Fall had a lot to do with those numbers today and we actually drove and kicked effectively, but just missed open look after open look before we started forcing shots. The guys did a nice job (Whitt in particular) of driving when Tacko was out.
Charleston Pony

Postby PonySnob » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Jamal might have been a difference maker today
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby JasonB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Great effort from mthe guys without McMurray. Several points in the game where they were about to get run out of the building, but they stuck with it and fought back.

Part of the challenge with these close games - if you live and die by the three, but starters play heavy minutes, it is really tough to get your legs under you at the end of the game. I thought they ran out of gas with three minutes left and threw up some poor threes from that point forward.

Good effort from the kids, but the depth of quality players just isn't there. Take the team you saw today, swap Dixon for the JUCO who will most likely be a clone, and that is what next season looks like.
JasonB

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:24 pm

The game was lost in the first couple of minutes when SMU was down something like 13-5. From that point forward the teams played pretty even, but it was catchup catchup catchup all the way. Exhausting. The 3pt shots were just getting stupid.

Hey I'm in a photo! I'm famous, lol.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm

smupony94

Postby RI Stang » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
skyscraper wrote:Another loss, another step toward firing Jank.

I actually thought he had a good game plan and made some good in game adjustments, but this loss was simply the result of a mis-match talent wise. We have become one of those teams that can beat better teams if we get hit from three, but that's about our only hope. I liked the way we moved the ball inside and out and got open looks, but 10-37 threes won't beat many teams.

He actually said post game that there was no plan. And that we aren't set-up to be a good defensive team. Inspiring stuff. Good news is that every game for the last month, Miller looks like he's going to puke right on mid-court. Also have noticed that Hart has been MUCH less attentive during the last handful of games. I think the wheels are in motion (wishful thinking maybe, but I don't think Miller lets this continue beyond this March).
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Meanwhile, with this loss we are now 3-3 at Moody in AAC play. With UConn, Cincy and Wichita State still coming to Dallas, will we have a winning or losing HOME record in AAC play??? The better question might be: "does anyone care anymore?"
Charleston Pony

Postby redpony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 pm

and we fall deeper into the abyss. thank you tankovich, your incompetence is overwhelming..
redpony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:55 pm

SMU Pom Mom wrote:Hey I'm in a photo! I'm famous, lol.

PF’s is in a funk.

Can we play ‘Finding Pom Mom?’
SoCal_Pony

Postby horsemanx » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:11 pm

For UCF's sake I hope this is still a Quad 2 win for them come selection Sunday.
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball