PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Gameday

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Gameday

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:03 am

Looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend without watching the Ponies lose.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 am

What do Nic Moore, Markus Kennedy, Ben Emelogou, Jimmy Whitt and Isiaha Mike have in common?

They all transferred in with three years of remaining eligibility. Not one was a bust. Two of them gave us three good years. Kennedy would have if he had gone to class. Whitt and Mike might give us three as well. Say what you want about McBlunt but he's here, playing, scoring and at times disappointing. I see no downside to taking the right transfers with that kind of time remaining. Under different circumstances we might have gotten more than a season from Semi. Jordan Tolbert was the perfect example of grad transfer gold.

Do we have a five of freshman-recruited guys who could beat the five up top there? Let's see:

Shake, Jarrey, Chaggy, ummmmmmm.....Pringles? Wilson? Gangsta Landrum? Doogie? Ray? That Okie kid who transferred to Northeast Southwest Washington? Sorry...our recruits can't even practice 5 on 5, were injured, probation...yada...yada....yada.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby ponyboy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:23 am

JasonB wrote:
ponyboy wrote:JasonB, I’m curious as to why you think Jarrey has no shot at getting drafted. Is his injury that serious? The history of knee problems?

Teams stayed off of Shake until the second round because he didn't have enough Junior tape and couldn't perform at a high level in the pre-draft workouts.

Jarrey has only half his junior tape and basically zero senior tape. He never dominated the floor in his college career. And won't be full strength for the workouts. Even if he is healthy enough to play now, he won't be maxed out by then. He hit over 40% from 3 one year, which gives you hope as a 3 and D. But the other years he was well under that. There is no way he is drafted. He will be playing in Europe next year if he doesn't find a way to redshirt and stick around.

What a fall he will have taken then. Before the season began there were many projecting him as a second rounder, with one ESPN guru projecting him late first round.
ponyboy

Gameday

Postby PonySnob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:39 am

Unfortunately, Jarrey was cleared to play 2 weeks ago but has been advised to just rest the remainder of the season.
Last edited by PonySnob on Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:48 am

One Trick Pony

Postby mtrout » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:51 am

Also women's basketball in last place. Rough year.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:26 am

mtrout wrote:Also women's basketball in last place. Rough year.
You can only get better from that rank.Image
One Trick Pony

Postby horsemanx » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am

Think Travis Mays is rooting for the men to keep losing so Rick has bigger problems to deal with in March?
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:02 pm

Looks like we probably wrapped up last place with a 53-42 loss at Wichita State today.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PoconoPony » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 pm

I thought we had the great new hire that would elevate the gal's program. Three recruiting classes and we are on the bottom. What happened????
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:09 pm

PoconoPony wrote:

I thought we had the great new hire that would elevate the gal's program. Three recruiting classes and we are on the bottom. What happened????

Coincidence? The downfall of both programs started following the departure of a Pringles family member...just sayin.

EDIT - I just disproved my theory - Marquette is a top 10 team now that Pringles left. Perhaps our problem is coaching and recruiting related.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 am

I’m just revisiting the reason I started this thread before last game. There probably isn’t a bigger hoops fan on this board than me, and I have almost no interest or excitement on the day of UConn visiting Moody. So sad what this has become.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 am

LA_Mustang wrote:I’m just revisiting the reason I started this thread before last game. There probably isn’t a bigger hoops fan on this board than me, and I have almost no interest or excitement on the day of UConn visiting Moody. So sad what this has become.

But you WILL be watching as will I because that's what die hard Mustang hoops fans do!
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:28 am

Charleston Pony wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:I’m just revisiting the reason I started this thread before last game. There probably isn’t a bigger hoops fan on this board than me, and I have almost no interest or excitement on the day of UConn visiting Moody. So sad what this has become.

But you WILL be watching as will I because that's what die hard Mustang hoops fans do!

Yeah
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:42 am

Charleston Pony wrote:

No doubt. It is just painful knowing the best outcome possible is for us to lose. At this point I just want whatever is needed to result in a change. That is the most important thing by a mile.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball