PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

POLL: Should Jank be fired?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Should Jank be fired?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 104

Re: POLL: Should Jank be fired?

Postby smitty329 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:55 am

Growing up in CNY (State not city) - baseball practice started the first Monday of March and since there was still snow on the ground we practiced in the gym. It's hard to field ground balls on the gym floor, tough to get your swing/contact down hitting tennis balls off a pitching machine, pitching off an artificial mound, impossible to shag some flies, and difficult to work situations/positioning. Most times, our first on-field opportunity was the first scrimmage of the year - and we were not good - it took a while in the right practice environment to develop the team chemistry.

To that point, I can see Janks frustration and it has to be apparent to the players as well. No matter how creative you try to be, it is just not the same environment. I also wonder if Larry would have been able to recruit better than Jank given the sanctions - clearly a better reputation, but wonder how hard it is to attract top talent to an environment where you can't practice/develop on court chemistry.
smitty329
All-American

Postby PonyKai » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:25 pm

Since Jank isn't actually doing any recruiting I don't give a damn if he's frustrated and it's not an open question as to whether "Larry" could recruit better than Jank. This board could. He's walking malpractice.
PonyKai
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:26 pm

I wonder if Larry voted in this poll. Must be painful for him to see what Jank has done to the program he built at SMU
Charleston Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I wonder if Larry voted in this poll. Must be painful for him to see what Jank has done to the program he built at SMU

I often wonder about two people’s opinion of the $h!t show Jank has created: LB and Nic Moore.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:40 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:I wonder if Larry voted in this poll. Must be painful for him to see what Jank has done to the program he built at SMU

I often wonder about two people’s opinion of the $h!t show Jank has created: LB and Nic Moore.

Nic liked Jank or wouldn't have followed him to SMU...unless it was just for the opportunity to play for Larry Brown and had nothing to do with Jank. I remember Shake being interviewed after his injury last year (talking about sitting on the bench with Jank and the coaching staff while our season unraveled). When asked what he had learned sitting out, Shake's response was "that I don't want to become a coach!"
Charleston Pony

Postby PonySnob » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Junior » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:26 pm

That’s sweet and all, but it doesn’t matter. I’m sure Dickerson still lives Ron Meyer, but that doesn’t mean we should have hired him 10 years ago.

Jank needs to be handed a realtor’s name and a pink slip. He’s becoming more and more incompetent at all facets of his job.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby CenTXpony » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:26 pm

PonySnob wrote:Image

Nic also posted on insta where a former jank player clowned him.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:01 pm

PonySnob wrote:Image

Exactly what I would have guessed.

Fire Jank.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Love Nic, but how much does he donate and how many season tickets does he buy.....nada.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Love Nic, but how much does he donate and how many season tickets does he buy.....nada.

This post qualifies as a nomination for the RASS ROLE of the year award for 2019 :!: :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Vitale » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:06 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Love Nic, but how much does he donate and how many season tickets does he buy.....nada.

What does that have to do with anything? He's a guy who knows Jank better than just about anyone.

Whether he buys season tickets WHILE LIVING IN ITALY is meaningless.
Vitale
All-American

Postby CenTXpony » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:21 pm

Vitale wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? He's a guy who knows Jank better than just about anyone.

You can be a nice, likable person and still suck at what you get paid to do.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:24 pm

I would rather hear from IT, Sasser, Koncak, Phillips, etc. All-time SMU greats that don’t have a bias.
mustangxc

Postby PonyLawExpress » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:19 am

Vitale wrote:

Nic should support Jank. Jank was his coach but is also a friend to Nic. Jank is a good guy. He is a terrible head basketball coach for any serious program. The laundry list of things he does poorly is LONG. There aren’t many coaches, if any, in the AAC I wouldn’t trade Jank for. He isn’t a good recruiter, isn’t a good X&Os guy, isn’t a good defensive coach, isn’t a good motivator, etc.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball