PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Town Hall Q&A

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Town Hall Q&A

Postby hoopmanx » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:42 pm

PonyPlayer4 wrote:Mortal Kombat or Donkey Kong?

Donkey Kong, though just bought a sit down Ms Pacman and Tron
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:47 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:Well alrighty then .

In regards to the re-seat being one of the dumbest discussions here, I gotta call you on that. Perhaps for storied programs yes - SMU no. Give me $12000 for your $4500 seats and then maybe you may get them lmao.

I don't know how much you spend on basketball seats but for people that were going along for the free ride or had the cheap ones it never mattered to them. It mattered a lot to me. And every SMU alum I've met in Mansfield .
Yeah we lhave them in the ghetto .

I think the program would be in the exact same state without a re-seat.
lightings flames to people's faces is probably not a good idea for sub 500 teams . The truth is I'd still show up a couple times a year if they Lost them all . Stub hub

It is what it is. My Dad 'helped' lefty driesell recruit at Maryland. When the reseat happened, they threatened to move a man whose program investment couldn't be counted in terrapin club points. Quite the conundrum. Anyway, worked out but the reality is someone is always gonna get hurt or feel jilted by programs experiencing success that feel the need to double down
I get it, it's personal to you, but it's the big business of sports.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby used to be 2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:58 pm

So you like the way they handled the reseat?
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:18 pm

hoopmanx wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:Well alrighty then .

In regards to the re-seat being one of the dumbest discussions here, I gotta call you on that. Perhaps for storied programs yes - SMU no. Give me $12000 for your $4500 seats and then maybe you may get them lmao.

I don't know how much you spend on basketball seats but for people that were going along for the free ride or had the cheap ones it never mattered to them. It mattered a lot to me. And every SMU alum I've met in Mansfield .
Yeah we lhave them in the ghetto .

I think the program would be in the exact same state without a re-seat.
lightings flames to people's faces is probably not a good idea for sub 500 teams . The truth is I'd still show up a couple times a year if they Lost them all . Stub hub

It is what it is. My Dad 'helped' lefty driesell recruit at Maryland. When the reseat happened, they threatened to move a man whose program investment couldn't be counted in terrapin club points. Quite the conundrum. Anyway, worked out but the reality is someone is always gonna get hurt or feel jilted by programs experiencing success that feel the need to double down
I get it, it's personal to you, but it's the big business of sports.
The big business of sports and SMU lol. Not even in the same conversation .
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby dcpony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:21 pm

I believe Mussleman's sister lives in Dallas? Could help with getting him down here?
dcpony
All-American

Postby hoopmanx » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Over a 5 yr stretch, we were top 5 in winning percentage and total wins. Constant top 25 squad, sold out arena. That's big business college hoops, Whether you want to admit to it or not
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:25 pm

If I recall correctly, you were pretty high on Duncs as a recruiter. What happened?
Pony ^

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:27 pm

hoopmanx wrote:Over a 5 yr stretch, we were top 5 in winning percentage and total wins. Constant top 25 squad, sold out arena. That's big business college hoops, Whether you want to admit to it or not
Was.

And for all of those who priced me out I snuck into those empty seats PonyScott style the other day for 40 bucks. Bought a few beers and then got booted the last 4 minutes of the game because someone came in late .

Moved back to the seats I paid for on the floor for 40 bucks.

I've said it before but when it was big time like you say I couldn't believe I was at an SMU event - so yes I will admit it was great I don't think it'll ever be that way again . Glad I got a taste of the real thing as short lived as it was
One Trick Pony

Postby Blunt Pony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:42 pm

hoopmanx wrote:Over a 5 yr stretch, we were top 5 in winning percentage and total wins. Constant top 25 squad, sold out arena. That's big business college hoops, Whether you want to admit to it or not

So what are your thoughts on putting out a trash OOC schedule the year after asking your fanbase to blindly bid on seats? As someone who did play the re-seat game, I felt like that was kind of a kick in the nuts.
Blunt Pony
Varsity

Postby dcpony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Blunt Pony wrote:

So what are your thoughts on putting out a trash OOC schedule the year after asking your fanbase to blindly bid on seats? As someone who did play the re-seat game, I felt like that was kind of a kick in the nuts.

Generally speaking, why is it so difficult for SMU to pull off anything resembling sustained mediocre competence in athletics administration for revenue sports? I'm talking about all facets of the operation besides wins and losses.

That five -year stretch with LB was better than mediocre but then it was back to the [deleted] show more or less after he left.
dcpony
All-American

Postby Gruffalo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Any idea on the probability foster gets a 5th yr if he isn’t able to return this year?
Gruffalo

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Like I said anyone investing thousands cared . Those who did not could care less
One Trick Pony

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:22 pm

Are we recruiting any 2020 HS players of note? As ridiculous as it sounds, I get the impression Jank has completely shutdown HS recruiting.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:23 pm

This pretty much says it all Image
One Trick Pony

Postby smupony94 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:39 pm

If we were winning and had good recruits not a sole would be talking about the reseat

Oh, and didn't play a Southland Conference schedule too - 100% on Jank as he has sole discretion on the schedule. Rick better never give a coach that much power again.
smupony94

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball